HollieD asked in PetsFish · 1 decade ago

I just bought a Smooth Toadfish and need some questions answered please.?

Can it eat regular fish flacks and if not what does it eat. Also can it live without a filter?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The smooth toadfish is not a pet that the beginner fish keeper should be keeping. If you've never taken care of fish before, then you want to start off with something simple, for example a small freshwater fish. The smooth toadfish is a 15 cm saltwater fish. They need a sand substrate and constant water parameters that only an experienced saltwater fish keeper would be able to maintain. They are also found in very large schools in the wild, so it's probable that you'd have to keep this fish with others of its kind in a very large tank. It's just plain not a beginner's fish.

Bottom line:

No, the smooth toadfish does not eat fish flakes. You would have to feed it live food.

No, the smooth toadfish cannot live without a filter. I can't believe you even asked that about a saltwater fish.

Please return the smooth toadfish back to wherever you bought it. It's not the right type of fish for someone who has never kept fish as a pet before. Try a ten gallon tank of guppies or something first before you tackle a saltwater fish species that is so difficult that it is only kept in public aquariums.

• giovanni5 years agoReport

AND FOUR YOUR AN IDIOT AND I AM NOT SURPRISED IS HE IS DEAD BY NOW

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

Toadfish For Sale

• Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.