SmooveB asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Why did Obama's Justice Department drop charges against three men who violated the Voting Rights Act?

"The career Justice lawyers were on the verge of securing sanctions against the men earlier this month when their superiors ordered them to reverse course, according to interviews and documents."

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/may/29/ca...

c.n. I am not a "young man"-I have been practicing law for 16 years. The government was about to obtain a default judgment against the black panthers, which means the case was a slam dunk; the defendants didn't even respond to the complaint. There is a video of their flagrant acts.

A witness said: "In my opinion, the men created an intimidating presence at the entrance to a poll," he declared. "In all my experience in politics, in civil rights litigation and in my efforts in the 1960s to secure the right to vote in Mississippi ... I have never encountered or heard of another instance in the United States where armed and uniformed men blocked the entrance to a polling location."

Best Answer

Fox News reported of one member doing the same thing in the New York area on election day. But hearing BO is dropping the charges against such people comes as no surprise. He's still very good friends with such people as Fred Hampton. Yet, Obama's followers still believe for the "just because" sake that Obama said so that people Louis Farrakhan and Jeremiah Wright "never" influence him in the decisions he makes today. Really, who's kidding whom?

This really goes back to the comparison made between Obama and David Duke. If Obama was white, he would have never made it to the White House. He is in word and deed David Duke in a different color.

• Karen

It smells very fishy! I read that article, then did a google search for other articles and found nothing that explains why the Justice Department dropped the charges. I've seen much speculation in the "blogosphere", but nothing that I'd consider fact-based to explain Justice's actual reasons. One thing I thought strange... "career lawyers" (as opposed to political appointees?) were mentioned at least a half dozen times throughout that article. Why that distinction? Is that a 'hint"? At this point, more questions have been raised than answered and I think we're only at the early beginnings of this story unfolding.

It is too a federal case, as was the ACORN fiasco.

The Voting Rights Act of 1965 and the National Voter Registration Act of 1993 prohibit persons from intimidating or attempting to intimidate, threaten or coerce another person for the purpose of interfering with their right to vote freely in federal elections.

Why did they drop the charges? Good question, one that the Justice Department should have to answer BUT since the media is so heavily slanted towards the left you will never see this story on any mainstream source aside from FOX news.

• Cheryl

Everything good according to our Constitution is being denied to all Americans. This has become a one sided nation, and a Corrupt Take Over. A true Black American birth right was stolen from the Dream of being the First President from the seed of the Slave generation

I hate the fact that Martin Luther King's Precious dream for those even my family died to free is being destroyed. I can not tell you how my heart BREAKS, I can not describe the pain I feel so deep in my soul that this election was Stolen from those whom it TRULY belongs to. To witness a stolen birth right, from someone who is not of the seed of the American slave generation.

I cry, my soul cries and I am a white/ Indian woman, and I cry for such a loss......So much so I can not finish my post....Total disappointment

If the justice department really pursued these type cases they would discover that Barack Obama is not the lawful president of the USA so they have been stopped by none other than Barck Obama

They dismissed all charges except for one individual, and his punishment was that he will not be able to carry a firearm within 100 feet of a voting place.

The charges were dismissed because these guys are probably generals in Obama's Civilian Security Forces, and they have to be available for duty.

why???? Because they can and can get away with it. this is the new world order and sadly, racism is on the rise. i think there are some that feel "blacks were oppressed for so long, it's now time to turn the tables and oppress the white male". that the "black male has to be cut slack". what's ignorant though is it's the younger generation - the ones who NEVER knew what it was like to be truly ousted due to the color of your skin.

well smooth, it's kinda hard to bite the hand that feeds you if you don't mind a cliche'...i think between this, the acorn mess that won't go away and chrysler dealer fiasco is causing the admin quite a bit of trouble right now but only in the eyes of the concerned, his blind electorate hasn't caught on yet, it'll be a severe blow to their egos when and if this happens !!!

• I Know

The reason it was dropped is because the Black Panthers are considered a "watchdog group" by the Obama administration and they didn't want another "watchdog" (ACORN) to get nervous or intimidated.

They are just sweeping the dirty tactics used by those punks under the rug.

Personally I don't mind those punks because had they been in my voting district I would have been laughing at them as I disrupted their feeble attempts to intimidate anyone.

What do you think, those posers were going to to with people laughing at them?

They want to roll, lets go, I don't mind getting dusty.

Am I the only one not afraid of these types of punks?

I don't think so.

Source(s): Life experience. Don't even try to cut in line on me or my family unless you are ready to roll. Wait you turn like every body else. Be civil or you will get what you are attempting to dish out.