Steve Harvey insulted atheists and atheism on Larry King tonight?

He said atheists are idiots, said they have no moral barometer, he wrote in his book that people should never marry an atheist, and also said if he's having a conversation with someone and they say they are an atheist he'll walk away and want nothing more to do with that person.

He wasn't joking either. And Joy Behar (filling in for Larry) didn't really attempt to challenge his viewpoint. She just looked stunned.

Did you see it? And if you did, what's your opinion on him expressing his true feelings about atheists on Larry King?

Favorite Answer

He's just showing his ignorance. If he had sex with an atheist women, he would quickly change his mind.

Steve Harvey On Atheism

I had to look him up to find out who he was. But I assume he has no problem with others from another religion (at least one point by his side)

I do wonder how he manages to explain how even those who believe in God commit such atrocities.

The man has a right to his opinion I just wonder if he could have backed it up and explained why all those who believe in a God do not all have this "moral barometer".

I also doubt whether his holy book is really the prefect picture for morals.

A guy I've never heard of who, according to Wikipedia, starred in movies I never want to see, babbling like an idiot on shows i don't watch?

Meh.

Apparently he said the exact same thing on Tyra "Too Rich For the Looney Bin" Banks' show almost a week ago. That makes it a "Double Meh".

• llanos

confident, I observed the instruct on LKL with exhilaration Behar because of the fact the host. i became shocked while he suggested that, yet back, i comprehend the way narrow minded religious enthusiasts are like Steve Harvey. They reject comments or ideals that would not comply with theirs like subsequently atheists and the thought of evolution. it incredibly is a ethical discrimination. he's naive. If he needs admire and to be understood, then he could flow back to his "e book" and refresh his reminiscence relating to the which ability of the golden rule "do unto others what you want others do unto you."

that guy he is not an idiot, He just is just mentioning his thoughts however we atheists may get united like LGBT orgs, we should have our orgs. We should fight for our rights.

Dude plz read this blog of mine

Its abt atheism & I have made this one to spread atheism.

So plzzzz just co-operate

Its here at rblogs.co.cc

Honestly, its his freedom of speech. He should have been called out by Joy though because of this, instead of being given an area to proselytize his illogical beliefs

Good thing I wasn't interviewing Mr. Harvey or else I would have to respond with....."How Christian of you, Mr. Harvey....How Christian of you."

Obviously Mr Harvey would be too stupid to know that my statement would be a sarcastic insult against him and his beliefs."

i disagree with him and am grateful to be able to in open forum. it is not so much as he requests that life partnerships be between those who are "equally yoked" when it comes to the spiritual, but he actually dismisses anyone who does not live the religious life as morally inferior to him and other christians.

he's entitled, but i absolutely disagree with him.

who's steve harvey?

see? of course i can search his name.. according to wiki , this person did not feature in a single movie i like.

who cares about the erratic opinion of a radio clown, when it comes to issues of faith (or lack thereof)