How do I use Company earning/Stock Information to negotiate a raise?

I have worked at staple for a year now, and I want a raise. I am anticipating my manager's response to be something like "we can't afford to give you a raise based on the current economic situation" Can someone tell me how I might go about arguing for one? I have started investing this year and I... show more I have worked at staple for a year now, and I want a raise. I am anticipating my manager's response to be something like "we can't afford to give you a raise based on the current economic situation" Can someone tell me how I might go about arguing for one? I have started investing this year and I had the thought to print out some comparisons of staples earnings. I gotta think that with the loss of office max this year and the acquisition of corporate express this year that they are doing better than other retailers. I just want to come up with something smart that my manager won't be able to argue against.
Any identification of specific numbers that really show the company's health is kindof what i am looking for. Thanks!