----- asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Cheap high calorie foods for bulking?

I am currently bulking up, is there any cheap high calorie foods ( either than fast food restaurants ), like stuff you can buy at a store or make at home?

Update:

Already using protein, GNC Whey Mass XXX (940+ calories, 66 g protein)

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Well, there are a lot of cheap, processed high calorie foods that have very little nutritional value. Although these will help you gain weight, they will make you fat. If you are trying to build muscle your best bet is to buy a protein powder. Although a large tub is about 20 dollars, it will last a long time. You can add the powder to your milk, water, or make shakes out of it. It's an easy way to add "healthy" calories.

• Peanut butter! The store brand is really cheap and it's loaded with both calories and protein, so it's pretty much ideal for mass building, unless you're allergic to peanuts.

• 1 decade ago

i use to have a friend that worked in bk, ... they made me quad stacker with deep fried bacon and cheese with the whopper buns and patties. That this is huge... i thought i was gonna get a heart attack.... bless me ...

but do a lot of carbs not as much protein, 1/3 protein 2/3 carbs is good, carbs burn using less calories to create more energy, so its more efficient than proteins. but you still need your proteins for your muscles.

drink plenty of water.

• 1 decade ago

IF YOU WANNA BULK UP YOU SHOULDNT EAT CHEAP FATTY FOODS ,

YOU'RE GOING TO WANNA INVEST IN A HIGH PROTEIN + ADDED CALORIES DIET,

FOR EXAMPLE , CYTOGAINER WHEY PROTEIN- IT'S A PROTEIN MIX WITH ADDED CALORIES

I THINK ITS AROUND 600 CALORIES PER SERVING

Source(s): FIND IT AT YOUR LOCAL GMC, OR VITAMIN SHOPPE. GOOD LUCK
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 years ago

Usually people quit their diets ahead of they see any considerable outcomes and in nearly each single case it is because the diet plan is just poorly laid out, if you are one of this persons and you need to have to shed some weight

• 1 decade ago

EGGS - eggs are really cheap and u can get enormous amounts of protein from these, EACH BIG - TRAIN HEAVY

• 1 decade ago

Twinkies! haha accualy the calories in those are not as bad as i thought it would be. pizza has alot of calories in it

• 1 decade ago

lean steak burritos

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.