My EX husband is wanting to fight me for custody of our son,Advice?

My Ex came over too Visit today, and the whole reason my Ex left me is because our 6 year old son was just diagnosed with Epilepsy. And he told me he wanted to disown my son and that he was a mistake.His girlfriend has told me to my face that my son was a mistake and that his dad dose not love my son and that he wish's my son was never born. And that he is praying that my son dies having a sez :(. And now all of a sudden he wants to fight me for custody of our son. I just find this strange as hell. I mean i don't trust him because i think he would just neglect and abuse our son if he got custody of him. And i have every intention of fighting for my son he is my life blood. I just don't understand why my Ex is doing this Advise?

A sez= Seizure :)

• Nicole
    Favorite Answer

He's probably doing it just be a jerk. Or to avoid paying child support. Whatever his reason is, you need to do exactly what I told you to do. Make sure you cover all of your bases when you go to court. Keep track of any information you need to tell your attorney. Explain that you are the only person that has been handling your son's seizures and you are concerned about the care your son would get with his epilepsy being in the care of his father. After all, he hasn't been around and has no clue how to act during that type of situation.

Keep in mind that he can't take your son away from you completely. In order to do that, he would have to PROVE that you are a neglectful mother. You do have to get use to the fact that he will more than likely get joint custody though. So you will be having to send your son over to his dad's every or every other weekends depending on the stimulations made by the court. The arrangements may even be different. Make sure that if this should happen, they do educate his dad on what to do when a seizure occurs.

Remember this at all times though....keep your cool. There will be things that his dad will try to do to get you fired up and make you want to act up in court. DO NOT do that. Too many times do people make the situation worse by not controlling themselves in court. Don't be one of those people.

Keep your head up and stay optimistic.

First, any woman who would say this to a child's mother, whether it's true or not, is a flaming ******. And if she's a flaming ******, she's probably a liar on top of it. So ignore all of that. Your husband is an immature jerk, but that doesn't mean he's praying for your son to die.

Like the others have said, you need to be smart right now. Talk to a lawyer and save any voice mails, emails, or texts where he says something stupid.

It's possible he wants custody because he doesn't want to pay child support. So you do need a lawyer and you need it asap.

If he is paying any kind of high child support, that could be one reason. Another could be that he wants to make his wishes a reality. Maybe he won't give your son his medication and your son may have a massive seizure and possibly die from it. Don't trust this man. The law can be evil though. They cannot go by what may be anticipated. You may have to take your child and go into hiding.

• Lisa G

Keep all voice mails and record them onto a cassette or digital recorder.

Save any emails or letters, and document every bad thing they say.

Always have witnesses when possible.

If he files for sole custody...get a lawyer and fight back.

He can not take custody unless he proves you to be unfit, or

a danger to the child.

Keep all medical & dental records to show that the child is not neglected.

Have the doctors, and any other reputable people write letters

on your behalf to give to your attorney for court.

Best wishes

If you filed for child support against him this is why he's doing this. No man is going to pay for a child they can't see. If you are truly worried about him being neglectful and possibly causing physical harm to your son I say cut your losses for both of you, having him sign his rights over to you %100 and never have contact with him again. And as long as you try to make him pay he'll make it look like to the courts that he cares. I'd probably forget child support too. Cut all ties to him

well from now on document all communication with him about your son.and if your a good mother take care of your son and make sure he's getting the medical attention he needs there's no reawon why a judge would grant him custody so dont stress it so much. and besides maybe he's saying this just to get to you.

Protect your child.

Document everything your ex-husband says DIRECTLY to you.

What the gf says really has no barring unfortunately (whether or not your ex says that to her).

But do definitely keep a very detailed notebook, dates, times, locations, and even try to get him saying that on tape.

Sounds like he might hurt your son :(

My sister had epilepsy and she THANKFULLY recovered. Pray loads, be there for your son. HE HAS HOPE!

get a lawyer and fight him back because if he get's custody after saying what you said he said about his son he might be planning on getting rid of your son

• Johnny

Maybe he had a change of heart.(most likely its a money thing)

He has every right to fight for custody.

Hire a good attorney.