My EX husband is wanting to fight me for custody of our son,Advice?

My Ex came over too Visit today, and the whole reason my Ex left me is because our 6 year old son was just diagnosed with Epilepsy. And he told me he wanted to disown my son and that he was a mistake.His girlfriend has told me to my face that my son was a mistake and that his dad dose not love my son and that he... show more My Ex came over too Visit today, and the whole reason my Ex left me is because our 6 year old son was just diagnosed with Epilepsy. And he told me he wanted to disown my son and that he was a mistake.His girlfriend has told me to my face that my son was a mistake and that his dad dose not love my son and that he wish's my son was never born. And that he is praying that my son dies having a sez :(. And now all of a sudden he wants to fight me for custody of our son. I just find this strange as hell. I mean i don't trust him because i think he would just neglect and abuse our son if he got custody of him. And i have every intention of fighting for my son he is my life blood. I just don't understand why my Ex is doing this Advise?

A sez= Seizure :)