A good friend of mine just told me her daughter was cured of leukemia?

This is not a joke question. Her daughter has been battling with cancer for some time. She received a lab result that basically had them back to the cancer center ready to start chemo. They fasted 24 hours her husband is a priest and gave the child a blessing. The bone marrow biopsy the next day was negative... show more This is not a joke question. Her daughter has been battling with cancer for some time. She received a lab result that basically had them back to the cancer center ready to start chemo. They fasted 24 hours her husband is a priest and gave the child a blessing. The bone marrow biopsy the next day was negative for cancer. She is not making this up. She was crying as she told me the story. They happen to be mormon. I pick on all religions equally and she knows I am an atheist. She told me I had to believe. No she was not hostile or going around trying to convert people. She genuinely believed that Jesus cured her child. Her statement to me was that you might say viral infection or that the initial test was wrong. Instead I say I don't know.
When I say I don't know I mean exactly that. Simply because I don't know why the initial lab said what it did does not imply a magical or miracle cure. Why are there rainbows? Only with advances in physics did we come to know the origin of rainbows.

My question is do you believe this was a miracle healing?
1) she genuinely believes it was
2) no concrete theory has been advanced to my knowledge to explain things, it could have been a virus or a lab error but I cannot say that for certain
Update: midnight thanks for the anecdote. It seems we do get the opposite occuring but it never seems to make the headlines.