What is the City of Heroes?

By the way, is it online gaming type of game?

How does the gameplay works? Does it have any goal or mission that you have to do. I mean is it possible to finish the game.

Or is it just like The Sims? Do what ever you want, and do story. Is it like that? Killing bad guys, saving people, do works and all?

Tell me, because I'm about to buy it but I have no idea what is it all about.

• Doheny
    Favorite Answer

It's an MMORPG, a massively multiplayer online role playing game.

There is no one player or offline version. You will have to create and maintain a (paid) account with the company that runs the servers. It will cost you approximately $15 (USD) per month to do that. You have access to both City of Heroes and City of Villains when you do that.

As for gameplay, you create a superhero character. You customize the archetype, powersets, powers, the look, the origin story. You work your way up to level 50 by accomplishing tasks given to you by NPC (nonplayer character) contacts in the game. You fight bad guys and save good guys. You can play solo, or on teams of up to 8 players. You can play PvE content as designed, or you have numerous opportunities to play PvP (Player versus Player).

Good Luck!

Source(s): @Doheny, longtime current player and SG leader on Pinnacle server

Its an MMORPG. You create a "Hero" or "Villain" character to use. You go on quests to level up so you can do more extensive quests. You can roam around and randomly fight heroes or villains as well without doing quests. The higher your level, the more/better powers you obtain. There is a storyline/plot to follow, although it is a little weak.

Champions Online is coming out very soon and it is an improvement on the City of Heroes game which has gone down in numbers since launch. There is not a big online community for that game anymore as everyone seems to be playing World of Warcraft. I would personally wait for Champions Online to come out if you want to play a superhero based MMORPG.