Best All-around performance AND studio analog synthesizer?

It's a debate that's been going on between me and my pals for 30 years.

I have a Jupiter-8, a JX-10, an Ob-Xa, and an alpha Juno-1 (in addition to a number of S+S / digitals). I wanna know which CURRENT analog is the best all-around out there (hint...the consensus amongst most are split between the Andromeda A6, the Dave Smith Prophet '08, and the Minimoog Voyager). What's the best folks?

Best Answer

The best current analog? That's a tough one. All of my analogs tend to be older ones in spite of (because of?) their instability. And if you ever get the chance to check out a Polivoks, it's an awesome mono/duo synth.

But back on topic. While the modern analogs sound a bit cold in comparison to the classics, I'd have to go with the Andromeda. It offers great polyphony, and has lots of sexy knobs to tweak! And while it's great to be able to buy a modern Minimoog and Prophet, I'd rather just buy the original if I'm going to buy one at all.