Obama wants $736M to build a new embassy in Islamabad, Pakistan? = Bush's $740M embassy in Iraq - Change?

Change anyone???

http://news.yahoo.com/s/mcclatchy/20090527/wl_mccl...

Seriously.... WTF is Obama doing? He just said that we were "outta money" and now he's wanting to invest upwards of $1 billion into a foreign embassy in Pakistan (of all places)...

@Batusz Moron.... See Ken's answer. Oh, and how about the fact that we're in a recession leaning towards depression with the dollar hanging in the balance....you think that might have something to do with it? 401k's are now 201k's and this imbecile is wanting to levy more of our future to a building....a $736M one at that?! Come on.....

Best Answer

I feel your pain. Come on, cut him some slack, it is a whole 4 million less than the Baghdad one! You and I both know we are never out of money as long as the 'Boss' (Federal Reserve for those still asleep) keeps printing it under two premises; the first that its imaginary money is paid back by our goods and services, and the other that it is used in the manner they see fit.

In all seriousness I am not sure we are a nation capable of determining what change, let alone reality, is anymore. Pakistan already has the only embassy we need there, it is called the Pakistani ISI. This is not called change it is called money laundering. Channeling tax payer money to select corporations via bogus projects, or better known as the primary function of the government.

It hurts to see so many of us living in such denial. Both political sides name calling when they have no clue what the names even mean. The reality is that the economic system of this country is stuck between Corporatism and State Capitalism. While Bush believed in Crony Capitalism where profit was distributed to whom he saw fit while debt was passed on to everyone else, Obama believes in a form of State Capitalism where the State has a guiding role to play in private enterprise.

The trump card here is that the overall political system is a form of Totalitarian Democracy where one ideological pursuit is to be the drive behind all other functions. That pursuit is....profit. The governments sole function is to promote and enhance the pursuit of profit for those in the best position to profit: first being the Corporate finance sector including those with the monopoly over our currency, followed closely by the Military Industrial Complex and its related Corporations, and very last on the pole, you and I. Regardless of Bush Crony Capitalism or Obama State Capitalism, both have to serve those that trully put them in power: the Corporate elites mentioned above.

Then you add to the mix the nationalist ideas, the foreign wars, the restriction of press, the indoctrination of the education system, and the overall populist appeal of various social agendas and you end up with this:

It is called FASCISM.

Goose stepping optional...

Obviously this went beyond the question but I think the point is there nevertheless.

Source(s): I dare anyone to really look into what Corporatism, State Capitalism, Totalitarian Democracy, and their historical examples are. There is no definite definition for Fascism, but if what I described above isn't it, then I do not know what is.

I think you'll find the previous record spend for an embassy was somewhere like Guatamala...

Are we getting the big picture here folks?

Hint - in the old days you'd build a castle as an administrative centre when you conquered a new region. ; )

Change is coming. We need to stabilize the region that just had riots last year when Musharraf suspended the Pakistani constitution. Don't you remember Benazir Bhutto being assassinated? The pen is mightier than the sword.

• geri

And to think McCain was supposed to be "Mcsame"... maybe he was too but liberals got hoodwinked. They voted for another Bush. GW's words sound better coming from Obama. I heard about this before it's supposed to be the biggest embassy in the world or something? These people seem to be determined to take over the middle east.

The only answers from libs you're gonna get is "Where when you when Bush"?. They dont realize that REAL conservatives did not support that idiot and I will not support Obama who is just the same.

My dad used to tell me that sometimes you gotta make do with that you have. This is a different time though and we want it all and we want it know. So did California. Nuff said?

Sounds like more of the same you can believe in to me

• Ken

Why should we rebuild an embassy in a country we already have an embassy in?

"In Washington, I guess that's considered trivial. Outside of Washington, that's still considered a lot of money."

I forget who it was who said that... someone important I think... maybe he could talk with Obama and get him straightened out.

• austin

when obama gets done with us thats all were going to have is change