Is this Graphics Card worth getting for average games?

http://www.eclipsecomputers.com/product.aspx?code=...

This is the graphics card I was going to get. I don't want to play massively graphical games, just average ones, like Red Alert 3, Dawn of War 2 etc.

Will this be able to play it? If not, can someone suggest another better card to get?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Miphee
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

My vote is on the 9800GTX, it is relatively cheap and will be able to play games with medium quality for 1-2 years more.

The 9400 is.. how shall I put it... useless junk.

• 1 decade ago

actually, red alert 3 can be graphically demanding because of so many on-screen sprites.

the card you have chosen, will work just fine.

i didnt look at the price, so some things to consider...

nvidia's old flagship card was the 8800 series. a 9400 series is not a new card, but a modifed version of the 8800. the 9 series is not a "new" card until you get to the 9800gtx+, with the plus being the major point. anything betwee the two are different versions of the same thing. i think the 9800gtx+ is about 150 now. i have it, and it runs every game on maximum settings at over 60frames per second.

too much tech talk probably, but yeah, if you want a decent cheap card, you've found one.

• TC 422
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

No. For any gaming that card is worthless. That card is meant for office use only. You should look at this 9600GT minimum-

• 3 years ago

it may be greater appropriate to function your complete pc specifications, yet i think of daybreak of warfare 2 additionally needs a mid selection video card. I searched your video card interior the internet and a few say that your video card is "get entry to-point". be careful however. upgrading to a greater appropriate video card isn't continually uncomplicated. you besides mght could desire to take notice on the standards the hot card needs (power furnish, slot it eats up, etc). wish this helps.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

depending on your monitor size it will play, but maybe look into like an nvidia 9600gt that way u have enough power and there won't be any lag, or even a 9800gt, there about the same price, good luck mate : )

• 1 decade ago

should be able to play it for a little more you can get this one

would kick the pants off the other

• 1 decade ago

this one is good u may get to play all of the games on 9600 .... just a 10 to 20 bucks costlier on website u mentioned....

but if ur tight on budget then this is a good choice go for it

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Its a pointless card, much faster ATI HD4650 costs only £6 more.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Ye good for price

• 1 decade ago

Its really a good card!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.