What is Better: Mosin Nagant 91/30 or Ruger Mini-14?

I was looking for a target/plinking rifle that could double as a small-medium game rifle. I came across these two guns: The Mosin Nagant 91/30 (7.62x54R) The Ruger Mini-14 *Wood* (.223 Remmington) Any recommendations on which one i should get. The Mini-14 is ~$800 and the Mosin Nagant is ~$200 I would put a... show more I was looking for a target/plinking rifle that could double as a small-medium game rifle. I came across these two guns:
The Mosin Nagant 91/30 (7.62x54R)
The Ruger Mini-14 *Wood* (.223 Remmington)

Any recommendations on which one i should get.
The Mini-14 is ~$800 and the Mosin Nagant is ~$200
I would put a classic WWII scope on the Mosin Nagant
And i would put a scope mount, bipod, and Leopold scope on the Mini-14.
Update: *response*- well, i live in California. So an AR-15 is out of the question. and i was looking into probably getting one of these now: Ruger Mini-14 Ruger Mini-30 Springfield M1A (M14 Match) Ruger 10/22 I would like to stay under $1,000 and recoil is no issue to me, I have shot many calibers, i own a Ruger... show more *response*- well, i live in California.
So an AR-15 is out of the question.
and i was looking into probably getting one of these now:
Ruger Mini-14
Ruger Mini-30
Springfield M1A (M14 Match)
Ruger 10/22

I would like to stay under $1,000 and recoil is no issue to me, I have shot many calibers, i own a Ruger Hawkeye 30-06.

It must be good for target shooting/plinking, hunting game is not really an interest anymore (with this new gun)