whimsy
whimsy asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Why do folks think firearms are needed at US National PArks and Wildlife preserves?

It will be odd to reconcile if suddenly weapon-related injuries start to occur where before there were bascially none...

There is no legal hunting or shooting at either NAtional PArks or Preserves, and Dept of Interior has armed officers that patrol...

I have hiked literally thousands of miles and camped hundreds of hours - nary a problem. The only issue i would now have is that incompetents are able to carry weapons...

Best Answer

Maybe they grow pot and hide their stash and want to protect it with their guns.

>>suddenly weapon-related injuries start to occur<<

They said the same thing about shall-issue and it hasn't happened. The vast majority of people who carry guns know how to do it safely. If they have a concealed carry permit, they have also been trained and subjected to background checks.

The point of carrying a handgun is to protect yourself from 2-legged critters. Or do you think crime miraculously stops at the national park borders? Do you have any idea how many crimes are committed in national parks, especially against women? People have even been murdered for stumbling upon hidden marijuana fields.

If the state government says I'm qualified to carry a handgun, then why shouldn't I be able to carry it in a national park that is in that state? Do you think there is something about stepping on national park property that suddenly turns a responsible citizen into a public safety risk?

I hope every irrational, intolerant, self-righteous gun banner decides it's too dangerous to visit the national parks now. I'm looking forward to the thinner crowds.

I didn't know it was legal to carry a gun into a National Park. I can understand why people would want to be armed, though.

I, for one, would rather not have to defend myself against a wolf or bear with my bare hands.

As for National Park rangers being armed. . .Yellowstone covers roughly 2 *million* acres of some pretty untamed wilderness, with only a year-round average of 400 National Park Service employees to keep an eye on the entire place. There is simply no way for armed rangers to be everywhere at once when they're needed.

Ever seen some of the human scum found in National Parks and Preserves? Apparently you don't get out much. My right to be able to defend myself doesn't stop at a border to a National Park.

"Dept of Interior has armed officers that patrol..." Ohh yes and just like every other Police Officer in the United States they are NEVER around when you actually need one, they always respond AFTER the crime has been committed and your loved one has been shot by the scum.

Source(s): Real life

I dare you to go hiking, fishing, camping, Work around Yellowstone (and places of the sort) where there are grizzlies, mountain lions, wolves, etc..

Oh and guess how many terrorist threats national parks and boarders get each year?

Common sense

Personal defense is a right.

I carry a gun because a policeman is too heavy.

We need to shoot stuff there.