Okay, so I had my first experience with a shadow person?

It wasn't like what I thought, I guess you have to experience it to really understand what people are talking about. So just to share, I was in my room (I live in one room) and I had all the windows open and the door open. I was watching the news and I had the light off. I face the street so the... show more It wasn't like what I thought, I guess you have to experience it to really understand what people are talking about.

So just to share, I was in my room (I live in one room) and I had all the windows open and the door open. I was watching the news and I had the light off. I face the street so the streetlights light up my room in a sort of orange glow. Anyways, I was done watching the news and I went and turned off the tv and shut and locked the door. The very moment that I turned from the door, I saw a very dark figure rush past me, go behind me and out the door.

When I saw it from the corner of my eye, it looked like a person completely in black...like someone's shadow come to life. Then when it went behind me I felt it brush my whole back...(most solidly at my shoulders) and for a very quick moment all I saw was dark and then I heard a stumble outside my door. It sounded just like someone tripped out of the threshold of my room.

I wasn't scared at all but I was very perplexed. I could still feel where it brushed by me. Those who are empaths will understand the next bit. I felt fear on my shoulders. Like someone who is really scared...but I wasn't scared. It just felt like since it touched me, it left that "scared energy" on my shoulders and upper back.

The whole experience was almost the same as if a friend of mine brushed by me to leave, except that when it was right behind me, my peripheral vision went dark on both sides.

In my life experience, I have never encountered an entity like this. It didn't feel like a spirit...it felt like a living thing. It didn't feel like a negative entity or anything like that. And it wasn't projecting fear at me to scare me (like a negative entity would) it was very scared.

The other impression I got is that it was trying to get to the door before I shut it. That is why it rushed.

So anyways, I had a thought that maybe these shadow people are actually people who are astral projecting and maybe our souls are cloaked when we travel.

For the skeptics:

With all due respect, please do not tell me I was hallucinating or that I was half sleep. I was wide awake and sober and I am 32 years old. I know myself well enough to know that what happened, happened. Thank you! :)
Update: Wow, were to start? Protection: I smudged my room after it happened and burned some Frankincense and Myrrh. I didn't put my shields up because I didn't feel threatened. I have learned that things aren't always what they seem so I don't immediately go on the defense when something strange happens.... show more Wow, were to start?

Protection: I smudged my room after it happened and burned some Frankincense and Myrrh. I didn't put my shields up because I didn't feel threatened. I have learned that things aren't always what they seem so I don't immediately go on the defense when something strange happens. I don't need a priest and it was definitely not a demon but thank you for the concern. :)
Update 2: Dang13, my Uncle actually died the same day that it happened and I had visited him over the weekend at a Hospice care facility. I did say a prayer over him and ask the Angels to help him pass away peacefully. I am not sure it was him...I don't think it was but I suppose it could have been.
Update 3: Jess G, I have not had that happen to me. I communicate with spirits but the messages normally come through as thoughts or images, not actual sound that I hear through my ears. If I had some hedgehog looking shadow go under my bed and brush my feet, I would probably lose my mind and be really, really scared!... show more Jess G, I have not had that happen to me. I communicate with spirits but the messages normally come through as thoughts or images, not actual sound that I hear through my ears.

If I had some hedgehog looking shadow go under my bed and brush my feet, I would probably lose my mind and be really, really scared! That is a totally different story than what happened to me....maybe because it was in human form, it didn't bother me so much.
Update 4: Wushuboy, thank you for your open minded response. I love Odd Thomas and I know exactly what you are talking about.

I really like your theory on the fear having something to do with a primitive survival instinct. As you said, the possibilities are endless but that is a really good theory.
Update 5: Carnet, I would have tried to talk to it if I could and ask it how I could help it. I don't know if I could, it would depend on what it needed. If it needed help crossing over, I could do that. That is probably the only thing I could help with though.
Update 6: TR...I expected a skeptical answer from you but I thought you would have a better one than that...no offense. But you didn't mention your opinion on why I felt it brush past me or why I heard it stumble. I don't go around hoping to see things. My life experience has proven to me what's real and... show more TR...I expected a skeptical answer from you but I thought you would have a better one than that...no offense. But you didn't mention your opinion on why I felt it brush past me or why I heard it stumble. I don't go around hoping to see things. My life experience has proven to me what's real and what's not. This isn't about belief, this is about experience.

And just as an example, I have seen a coat stand out of the corner of my eye and it looked like a person to me but when I turned around, it was still there and it was still a coat stand. That coat stand didn't disappear or walk behind me and out of a closed doorway. As I said, I am 32 years old, I have seen things out of the corner of my eye probably a thousand times in my life and I haven't jumped to the conclusion of it being a ghost.

I understand why you don't understand. Had it happened to you, I think that you would have to dig a bit deeper and come up with a better explanation.
Update 7: Oh yeah, BTW, I think it was scared to be locked in my room...that was just the impression that I got but I don't know why, since it could go through the door...then again, I seal my door with protection when I smudge...so maybe it felt trapped and had to push hard to get out.
Update 8: Okay, last one. :) Maggie, I actually suspected that it might be someone from YA, just practicing their astral projection. If it was, they haven't fessed up to it.
Update 9: TR, it wasn't a draft, it wasn't a cool breeze. I know what a breeze feels like. Like I said, it felt just like it would if a friend walked behind me and brushed up against me. It brushed against my bare skin. It wasn't my clothes because I was only wearing a tight tank top...it doesn't move in the... show more TR, it wasn't a draft, it wasn't a cool breeze. I know what a breeze feels like. Like I said, it felt just like it would if a friend walked behind me and brushed up against me. It brushed against my bare skin. It wasn't my clothes because I was only wearing a tight tank top...it doesn't move in the breeze or anything like that.

I'm not trying to make up a ghost story. What happened, happened and I am not convinced by your explanations that it was something different. If I had any doubt that it was paranormal, I would have stated it as such.

If you had experienced it, as I said, you would have to delve deeper for a better explanation. I saw it, felt it and heard it. That is one too many senses for me to write it off as something else.

But anyways, I didn't share this to convince skeptics of anything, so I don't mind that you don't believe me. I do thank you for your time though.
Update 10: Thanks Nice Guy, I actually just got vision insurance and that is on the "to do" list. :)