what is BBC?

because everyone here talks about it

• Bob
    Favorite Answer

The British Broadcasting Corporation.

It is chiefly the main public broadcaster of the UK. In the UK, it runs 8 national TV channels, 10 national radio networks ,numerous local radio stations and the UK's (if not Europes - it def used to be) most popular "content" website*.

It also has a commercial division that runs a number of commercial tv channels in the UK and around the world (such as BBC America, BBC Canada, UKTV, Animal Planet to name a few).

It is attributed by some as the biggest broadcaster in the world and the first/second biggest news gathering organisation in the world.

Its nearest equivalent in the US would be PBS, with the exception that the BBC is many times better funded and resourced.

*According to Alexa,com, the website ranks 46th most visited in the world and 53rd in the US (ahead of CBS, NBC and ABC).

The BBC is the British Broadcasting Corporation.

Essentially the BBC simply provide channels on TV for viewers to watch. General things like the occasional movie, world wide news, the weather, stuff like that. I don't know what the American version of the BBC shows - probably nothing like what I see in England.

I hope this helps.

The BBC is a wonderful little thing known as the British Broadcasting Corporation...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/

• sayko

I additionally turn between the two cos GMTV has too many advert breaks and can't watch Richard Arnold chuckle at himself every time he speaks and BBC does tend to concentration completely on south of england even giving climate comments

• Bridge-End Biallo Corp.

Source(s): Greenpeace.

British broadcasting corp.

British Bullshit Corporation?

I saw this question many times, me wonder.