what is the difference between polarized 3d glasses and red and blue ones?

i dont understand the difference between them . can you explain me please ???

i would also like much more info about 3-D things .

thank you !! :]

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Tony R
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

When you look at your finger close to your face your eyes have to cross and they are looking at it from a slightly different angle because your eyes are spaced apart. Now when something is far away your eyes uncross. So to get things in a 3d movie to look like they are in front of the screen or behind the screen and all levels in between we need your eyes to cross and uncross looking at everything from a slightly different angle just like your finger when it is close to your face.

So in the 3d movie there is double images of everything because really your eyes see double images in real life also. Your brain just fuses them into one image. This is appearent when you look past your close up finger but look at something far away but still take notice of your finger, you will see two fingers out of focus. Now the problem is getting the one image to the left eye and the other image to the right. That is why you where the glasses.

Now for the colored 3d glasses like red and blue called anaglyph 3d you have one image red and the other image blue of the double images, and the red lense will only let the red image through and the blue lense will only let the blue image through, the opposite image is blocked.

Now in theaters they use polarized 3d glasses for those movies, which look like weak sunglasses. The light for right eye is projected at the screen with one certain light wave and the left eye uses a different light wave. Now there are several different light waves you can use. One would be a light wave that comes straight at you up and down like this | and the lense for that light wave would have little tiny tiny windows or filters in it like this | (from the side these waves would look like waves on top of water like ~~~~~~~ ,light going from screen to eye). Then the light and lens filter for the other eye would be like this _ with the waving action from an above side view being like ~~~~~~~, looking at light going form screen to eye but your looking down from above. So the lens would block the one light wave but let the other one through. That would be linear polarization which is not used anymore because if your glasses where not stright up and down the 3d effect was lost. The filters must line up with the light waves.

Now they use circular polarized light that has kind of clockwise action for one eye and counter clockwise for the other eye coming at you, almost like looking at a cork screw with the point of it pointed straight at your eye and the whole thing turning. With this you can tilt your head and the effect is not lost. Also the theater must have a 3d digital projector so two different light waves can be projected. A regular projector will not work.

Must add that television and monitors can not do polarized light because they were not made to put out two different light waves, all the pixels can only put out one light wave. So for televison they resort to the red and blue 3d because all you need for that is color for it to work.

Now for televisions they can do shutter glasses and I have been to an Imax theater that uses them. The glasses use electricity and one lenses will open while the other one closes and they do this back and forth really fast. Then the image for the right eye will flash on the screen while the right lens is open. This 3d format looks just like polarized 3d. You must also have a 3d television or a convertor box of some kind to use this 3d format for television.

Ok now for how they get the image to pop out of the screen. For far away things the image for the left eye is on the left side and the image for the right eye is on the right side. Your eyes are uncrossed. As the image gets closer they come together making your eyes cross a little. If it comes closer the images will overlap and look like one. Now if you want the image to look even closer they pull apart again but this time the image for the left eye moves over to the right and the image for the right eye moves over to the left. Your eyes cross more. The further apart they get now the more your eyes cross and the more the image seems to pop off the screen.

Sorry so long but that is a very simple everything I know 3d explination.

• 3 years ago

Red And Blue 3d Glasses

• 1 decade ago

So, 3D movies work by somehow convincing your brain that their is an object closer to you than the actual screen. This achieved by filming a scene with two cameras. These cameras are just like your eyes, and because there are two of them, they can create depth. That is to say, your brain knows the depending on how different the pictures your eyes send relates to how far it is. Try holding a pencil close to your face, then closing one eye then the other. The pencil 'moves' because your eyes are in two locations. Your brain knows this and puts everything together.

With older 3d films the film made by the two cameras was colored red or blue, two very different colors, that were then laid together to make the final film. Our eyes, looking through the red or blue, associate with one of the two cameras and BAM our brain thinks in 3 dimensions.

Polarized glasses work the same way, but instead of garish red or blue, they use slightly different levels of darkness to seperate the 'eyes' and make our brain think 3d. Some really nice ones actually constantly shift around to different levels of darkness in time with the movie, making the 3d look even better.

• Jan
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

I can't exactly answer the question but from what i've heard the red and blue shift the picture left and right making it appear 3d but flat for example a person would be one flat object at a certain distance out of the screen. While the new 3d glasses splits the image the further away it gets meaning that the person is fully 3d for example their nose would look closer to you than their eyes.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

3D pictures are made with 2 separate images shown together. The 2 images are pictures taken by 2 separate cameras with a distance between them about the same as the distance between your eyes. (Often the 2 cameras are in the same 3D camera box, with 2 lenses, one for each camera part.)

The idea of the 3D picture is for one of your eyes to see just one of the two images, while the other eye sees just the other image. There are 2 common ways to arrange this to happen.

One is by using oppositely colored filters on the 2 cameras. Usually these are a red color and a blue-green color. The viewer then uses glasses with one of these colors on each side of the glasses. Through the blue-green side, the image taken with the red filter is very dark and dim, but the image taken with the blue-green filter looks bright and fairly normal. The other side of the glasses has the opposite effect. The net result is that one image is seen just by one of your eyes, and the other image is seen just by the other eye. This will give a 3D effect.

The better method uses polarized lenses. Light does not go through polarized lenses arranged at 90 degree angles to each other. So the 3D camera has one polarizing filter on one lens, and another polarizing filter arranged at 90 degrees (turned) on the other lens. Usually the developed pictures are placed side by side in a frame. The 3D projector shines 2 lights, one through each picture and its two lights point very slightly towards each other so that the two images come together on the distant screen. The audience wears polarized glasses with each part at 90 degrees to the other. Each eye sees just the image from one of the lenses of the 3D camera. This gives a 3D effect.

• Evelyn
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/awJVS

Instead of mixing red and blue images, the mix is horizontal and vertical polarisation. The 2 lenses are likewise polarised. 3D imaging is always 2 images shown simultaneously, taken from 2 slightly different angles. The glasses of either type filter the images, so only 1 is seen by each eye.

• 6 years ago

anybody here know if there is way so print polarize 3d picture on photo paper and be able to see it through 3d polarize glasses? I was recently on art festival and one guy had something like that but didn't want to say much. Also unfortunately I didn't check what kind of paper that was. I only know it was polarize glasses and 3d printed pictures. Thanks for any answer.

• 4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

what is the difference between polarized 3d glasses and red and blue ones?

i dont understand the difference between them . can you explain me please ???

i would also like much more info about 3-D things .

thank you !! :]

Source(s): difference polarized 3d glasses red blue ones: https://shortly.im/MN3ee
  • 1 decade ago

light that passes tru polarized glasses are polarized, while the red and blue ones i guess are designed to filter only thier selective colors i.e only red or blue as the case may be. see polarization

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

http://www.bestglasseshome.com

Isaiah Thomas, Herb Williams, Larry Brown, Don Chaney, and now Mike DAntoni have all failed to lead the Knicks to success that fans have hoped. Isaiah Thomas was responsible for the Knicks lone playoff appearance since the departure of Coach Jeff Van Gundy.

]

Attachment image
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.