Can I receive SMS messages through my phone via Yahoo! messenger (mobile)?

I understand the "mobile" Yahoo! messenger is made so that you can instant message through your phone.

But I use the Yahoo! messenger (on the computer) to send SMS messages to friends through the computer, so if I am signed in on my phone and someone texts me through Yahoo! messenger, can I receive that text on my phone also?

Favorite Answer

Absolutely - Yes.

Here is how to set up

Yahoo SMS Messenger is FREE, and keep in mind though--

there are no hidden charges. and you will never get a bill from yahoo

The only charge is for SMS text messaging from service provider (IE unlimited plan or pay per message,)

f you are signed into Yahoo Mobile Web Messenger , the only cost to you is from your service provider, this may be a seperate charge. _Most plans include text and mobile web in messaging plan.

There are 2 ways to use Yahoo To use Yahoo SMS Messenger

1. sms messaging (text)

2 send messages to your Yahoo ID

You need to register your phone for SMS Messaging

To set up your phone

Open messenger

Go to Messenger (menu)

Preferences

>>>you may want to select Login to Mobile when you sign out of Yahoo Messenger

this will almost assure you dont miss a message

click on Edit mobile

You will then be taken to MYMOBILE

http://sites.mobile.yahoo.com/wireless/mymobile

Put in your information and verify your mobile.

there are a Couple of places that you can send SMS Messages from using Yahoo Messenger.

Yahoo Messenger

Yahoo Mail (New)

Yahoo Chat and Text (Yahoo mail classic)

>>You can send to Yahoo ID or Cellphone.number

here are a couple of ways to send messages

...There is a Contact Bar where

Using Your Yahoo Messenger on computer

an send to the Phone Number or Highlight Yahoo Contact and the R Click Send SMS Message

To sign in to Yahoo! Messenger SMS from you rphone

Send to 92466

type "in [Yahoo! ID] [password]" on your mobile phone and send.

Your status message will appear to users on the PC version as "I'm Mobile.

Once you have successfully signed in, you will receive a list of your online friends.

If your friend list exceeds 160 characters, hit "Reply" on your mobile phone with the command "more" to receive the subsequent list of friends. Continue to reply to these messages with the command "more" to receive your entire friend list.

To sign out, type "out" and send.

To view your friend list, type "get". You may view online friends only, online and offline friends (your online friends will be indicated with a "*").

Command Result

Get Retrieves all online friends

Get all Retrieves all online and offline friends

Get [alphabet letter] Retrieves all online friends starting with that letter of the alphabet

Your friend list will appear. If it exceeds 160 characters, hit "Reply" on your mobile phone with the command "more" to receive the subsequent list of friends. Continue to reply to these messages with the command "more" to receive your entire friend list.

Apart from sending a friend an instant message via their Yahoo! ID you can also do it via their 'friend code'. Each friend is assigned a code beginning with 101. This is displayed as the number code on the friend list in front of your friend's Yahoo! ID.

To initiate a message via a friend code,

type to 92466(101) [friend code]

[message]"

The messages you receive from Yahoo! Messenger SMS will show your friend's Yahoo! ID in front of the message.

in other word you will see

92466101 (yahoo id): message

To reply to a message, just click the "Reply" function on your phone and proceed as you would reply to a normal SMS message

You can edit your friend list on Yahoo! Messenger SMS. To add a friend, just "Add [Yahoo! ID]" and send.

You will receive a confirmation message acknowledging your add request.

To delete a friend, type "Del [Yahoo! ID]".

You will receive a confirmation message acknowledging your delete request

Managing Authorization

You may receive requests from friends who want to add you to their friend list. When you receive such a request, you can accept the request, accept and add that friend to your friend list, or you can deny the request.

To accept a friend, reply to the SMS with the message "y".

You will receive confirmation with the message:

"Friend [Yahoo! ID] added to Friends Group".

To accept and add your friend to your friend list, reply to the SMS with the message "a".

You will receive confirmation with this message:

Your friend will receive a message as shown in the screenshot above. To 'undo' ignore you must go to the PC version

For a PDF download of these commands

http://mobile.yahoo.com/pdf/pocketguide_shortcuts....

Source(s): If you would like to Message me. i can walk you thru set up and Give you some hints.

2

Source(s): Get Free Government Phones - http://FreeCellPhones.iukiy.com/?RpUX

Yes you can..

just sign in through you mobile no.....

yees check out the link for free . enjoy