Pit Bull Owners: Just A Statistic?

Have you, as an owner of the American Pit Bull Terrier ever had a knot in your stomach when your dog doesn't behave just as society believes that they should? Have you ever felt a bit uneasy when they play-growl during tug-of-war, or they seem to play a little to roughly with your other pets? I ask... show more Have you, as an owner of the American Pit Bull Terrier ever had a knot in your stomach when your dog doesn't behave just as society believes that they should?

Have you ever felt a bit uneasy when they play-growl during tug-of-war, or they seem to play a little to roughly with your other pets?

I ask because a number of my friends own this breed have recently expressed their distress as APBT owners. They feel as if they're betraying the breed and their dog each time they become worried that their dog may become yet another bite or aggression statistic.

I personally have had this feeling with one or two fosters, but I always have to step back and remember that they aren't JUST Pit Bulls, they are DOGS.

You?