Do you ever have times when youre sleeping and then suddenly you wake up like if you just fell or something?

I have this times a lot, so i was just wondering if anybody else experiences this too, just to make sure im not going crazy

Best Answer

YES!!!!!! it happens about a couple times a month to me.. nothing is wrong with you its totally completely normal it happens to me 2 i feel like im gonna fall or i already fell or something like that sometimes so don't worry its completely normal so don't worry about it at first i thought something was wrong with me 2 but i told my friends and they said it happends to them and i also asked my doctor and she said i was fine and it happeds to everyone so don't worry!

Yes! There have been times, mostly when I'm drifting off to sleep, that I've jerked fully awake because I had the sensation that I was falling or about to fall and I stopped myself from doing so. It's a really weird feeling, but it's totally normal.

• Gerry

This is a very common thing. Running and not being able to move is another.Some even have dreams where there are falling out.Still others have a feeling of being awake with a demon sitting on their chest. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis#Sympt... your not crazy just dreamin

Think that is pretty normal. Have you noticed that you never hit the ground? Heard from someone that if you did then you would die, probably from heart attack or something... but we never do so all ok... and if we did then we would never know!

yeah this happened to me...it's like a "BAM!" feeling--best way i can describe it.

someone once told me that our spirit was hovering above our body by a string and the feeling we get that jolts us awake is our spirit slamming back into our bodies.

but i don't think i really buy that, lol.

haha, when they happen to me i've usually just tripped over a street curb or something in my dream.

they're the strangest thing, huh?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnic_jerk

Its a very common phenomena called a hypnic jerk, possibly caused by the body thinking it is falling.

I think pretty much everyone gets them, they're pretty irritating!

no you are not crazy everyone has that one or the felling you are drowning