Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsEarth Sciences & Geology · 1 decade ago

What Is Noise Pollution?

Can someone tell me please?

And tell me in DETAIL...or as much as you want.

I desperately need it!

Favorite Answer

Its basically noise in a place that you don't want it. It can be equipment or vehicle noise, loud music, aircraft, or even a dog barking.

In the right place at the right time, it might not be considered pollution, but it gets categorized as pollution when the location or time makes it a nuisance. Its why a lot of construction projects can't operate before a certain time of day and have to shut down by a certain time in the evening.

In many cities there is a noise abatement department that will determine whether noises exceed a certain threshold. If so, the offender might have to change the way they're operating or change the times that they operate to comply.

Well I could be wrong, but I believe noise pollution is when dangerous chemicals are emitted when your girlfriend screams out you. Otherwise I'm pretty sure it's a "bad" noise where silence is preferable comparatively. For example, you're reading twilight on the couch when your friend turns on a leaf blower indoors. This is okay since you're reading Twilight. Any other case and it would probably be considered noise pollution.

• Noise pollution is noise that is un natural and annoying. For example, construction noise (dump trucks, backing up beeps all day - etc)

Some people claim Aircraft make noise pollution but I love the airlines and i LOVE airplanes, especially the noise they make so I can't support that.

Noise pollution (or environmental noise) is displeasing human-, animal- or machine-created sound that disrupts the activity or balance of human or animal life. A common form of noise pollution is from transportation, principally motor vehicles.[1] The word noise comes from the Latin word nausea meaning seasickness.

Noise pollution is any kind of noise that disturbs animals or humans. Commonly, it is caused by machines or automobiles. Basically any noise that makes completing a task difficult.

Look at this site for more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noise_pollution

Noise Pollution some kind off ?

• te144

Noise pollution is any man-made racket that falls on the ears of and disturbs people that are not participating in the benefits and profits of the offending noise-makers.

I have head of pollution normally but never heard of that sorry.

It might be loads of noise being made.

I know because my neighbor calls the cops on me all the time , its when you play music to loud or make loud noises late hour es of the night .

Excess noise that disrupts the activity of human or animal life.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noise_pollution