Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsEarth Sciences & Geology · 1 decade ago

What Is Noise Pollution?

Can someone tell me please?

And tell me in DETAIL...or as much as you want.

I desperately need it!

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Its basically noise in a place that you don't want it. It can be equipment or vehicle noise, loud music, aircraft, or even a dog barking.

In the right place at the right time, it might not be considered pollution, but it gets categorized as pollution when the location or time makes it a nuisance. Its why a lot of construction projects can't operate before a certain time of day and have to shut down by a certain time in the evening.

In many cities there is a noise abatement department that will determine whether noises exceed a certain threshold. If so, the offender might have to change the way they're operating or change the times that they operate to comply.

• 1 decade ago

Well I could be wrong, but I believe noise pollution is when dangerous chemicals are emitted when your girlfriend screams out you. Otherwise I'm pretty sure it's a "bad" noise where silence is preferable comparatively. For example, you're reading twilight on the couch when your friend turns on a leaf blower indoors. This is okay since you're reading Twilight. Any other case and it would probably be considered noise pollution.

• Noise pollution is noise that is un natural and annoying. For example, construction noise (dump trucks, backing up beeps all day - etc)

Some people claim Aircraft make noise pollution but I love the airlines and i LOVE airplanes, especially the noise they make so I can't support that.

• 1 decade ago

Noise pollution (or environmental noise) is displeasing human-, animal- or machine-created sound that disrupts the activity or balance of human or animal life. A common form of noise pollution is from transportation, principally motor vehicles.[1] The word noise comes from the Latin word nausea meaning seasickness.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Noise pollution is any kind of noise that disturbs animals or humans. Commonly, it is caused by machines or automobiles. Basically any noise that makes completing a task difficult.

Look at this site for more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noise_pollution

• 1 decade ago

Noise Pollution some kind off ?

• te144
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Noise pollution is any man-made racket that falls on the ears of and disturbs people that are not participating in the benefits and profits of the offending noise-makers.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I have head of pollution normally but never heard of that sorry.

It might be loads of noise being made.

• 1 decade ago

I know because my neighbor calls the cops on me all the time , its when you play music to loud or make loud noises late hour es of the night .

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Excess noise that disrupts the activity of human or animal life.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noise_pollution

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.