Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 decade ago

Will America attack North Korea if N.Korea goes to war with South-Korea?

Will America as an ally of South-Korea be obligated to conduct at least a limited military attack on North Korea if N.Korea for example starts attacking Seoul with some of their rockets?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Yes we will fight back, we have marines guarding the dmz, and a carrier group off the coast, submarines too, we are already in position to fire back.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes if they go over the DMZ 20,000 troops their under treaty will die and it has a almost certain chance of happening.

Taring a armistice is a big deal and is not like the empty talk Kim gave us in the past. This would be the first leaving of a armistice that did not start a war. Kim is in his own world and he chosen by his father to invade South Korea and that is why 70% of their GDP is on their military. It first Obama will play Chamberlain using Gates as a fall man but 20,000 dead troops at the DMZ will cause congress to say war or else to the White House.

Well, it depends on what we do and how we fight. The easiest and most life saving involves 6 nuclear bombs dropped on the DMZ collapsing the 1500 foot deep tunnels that house NK's 50,000 tanks killing 70% of his Army. The tunnels are to deep for bunker busters but nukes would cause ground activity that would make work of it.

If we fight a war are Air Force would be a sitting dock as their Army moves under ground under the DMZ into SKOREA and we will have to go man to man. This will require a draft as our present army is to stretched and 85% of the IRR is made up of broken bodies. The result of a hand tied approach would cause 20 to 30 million dead as they will stop a nothing.

• Karen
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

kinda long but whatever. this is my take on the whole situation. north korea never stated that they're going to attack hawaii july 4th. that was an aligation made by japan that claimed they gathered this information threw there intelligence. i personnally think the aligations are made up by japan just to provoke the us to attack n. korea first before n. korea carries out this eleged attack on hawaii. i think japan is extremly pissed at n. korea for launching a missle last month that flew over there heads, & there ready to act now. i'd be pissed too but n. korea must make they move first. the only way n. korea will attack the us is if the us invades the n. korea ship that is accused by the us of carrying wmd's, weapons & missles for trade of food or money to myanmar, expected to be there friday, the day that ban from trading with n. korea will expire. but since n. korea dosen't want anybody to touch they little ship, obama has extend the ban another full year. so now ANYBODY who trades anything weaponry realated on that ship is going to guantanamo bay. i heard it's not too jolly there. i don't think anybody needs to worry about n. korea. there have been preparations made in california & alaska to hopefully take down any on comming missle from n. korea. also, the 28,000 us troops along with south korean troops stations at the border of n. & s. korea for protect against a possible n. korean invade on s. korea. also the japanese who are on the us side. china & russia are traditional n. koreas allies but there staying completely nutral & have other things to focus on such as there booming ecomnies &have no timefor a retard war over nothing. i think the absolute only way china & russia will step in to help the us if the us agrees to share is global power with china, russia, brazil & indian. the end.

• 1 decade ago

Yes we will defend them or Japan.

I don't think that it will happen, but if it did I think that there would only be one Korea after that. The end of a N Korea.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Definitely and I bet it will be a hell of an alliance if there is a war it will be an alliance of:

South Korea, Japan, USA

and with the possibility of:

China, Russia, UK, USA, Spain, France, Australia, Canada

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

no, there is no way we could.we cant fight 3 wars the north knows this. north biggest ally also only one is china we would have to beg them before the first bullit is fired.and even then we would get the south and japan to fight it for us.we cant win the wars we are fighting now,how would we fight a nucler foe.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes UN will declare war

• 1 decade ago

I hope not.

There would be a lot of KIA owners that would not be happy by this...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.