What is a courtroom wedding like?

Do you exchange rings, seal with a kiss, wear a nice dress/suit, etc? or what?

would it be silly to wear a long white vintage dress?

Favorite Answer

I got married in a courtroom during our judge's lunch hour. I wore a nice skirt and top. My husband wore black pants, a suit shirt and a tie. My maid of honor and his best man were our witnesses. My parents and his dad were there to take pictures. It was very cut and dry. Not a whole lot of pomp and circumstance to it. It was just get in, the judge did the whole "Do you, Katie take this man.." thing. We exchanged rings, we kissed, signed the marriage lisence and were on our way.

That happened on a Wednesday. On Saturday, we had our quote, unquote "actual" ceremony which his brother presided over with the speeches and the exchange of vows we wrote, etc... with the reception following. My husband and I were against the minister my in-laws had in mind and I had no reference point on that, so we wanted to make it legal and thought it was worth the 25 dollar fee. I wouldn't change a thing about how we did it.

I don't think it would be silly. It's your wedding, do you as you please. I can pretty much guarantee that it will not be the silliest thing a bride has worn to a courtroom wedding!

Hope that helped and congratulations!!!

A courtroom wedding is very informal. You will be there with other people waiting to be married as well. Yes you do exchange vows that the Judge tells you to repeat, and you can seal with a kiss. My sister wore a nice Japanese white dress, and the groom wore white too. Its still your wedding you can do whatever you would like...

i saw a couple on tv who had been married at court and she was in a beautiful a-line wedding dress. the groom was in a tux. wear whatever you want, it's your day.

I'd like to know too. I got invited to one yesterday. What do you wear?