Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsTennis · 1 decade ago

OMG!!! Marat Safin played wonderful!!!!!?

The man against him was alos perfect but I didn`t know Safin was that good,wasn`t he? Has he ever won over Nadal or Federer?

Favorite Answer

I'm guessing you don't know much about him. He is a former world no. 1 and two-time Grand Slam winner (and two-time finalist). If you thought today's match was good, you should have watched him in his prime before 2006. He is an exceptionally-talented (but vastly underachieving) player and the most charismatic tennis player I've ever seen. Honestly, he shouldn't have lost to the French wild card Ouanna. But injuries and inconsistency have plagued his career and he is now a shell of his former self, but is still able to show flashes of brilliance you saw in that five-set epic match.

Nadal is from a different generation of players than Safin and they've only played once, with Nadal winning. He's beaten Federer twice, one of those matches being the 2005 Australian Open semifinal, which many call one of the greatest matches of this decade and of all time.

Safina actually lost, but he at least put up a good fight. e should hae won the 5th set though and he needs to break that pattern. I feel so bad for him :(