How to make toffee muffins ?
hi i was just wondering if anyone knew how to make toffee muffins?
im not looking for crunchy ones i just need them to be toffee flavoured muffins......
if anyone could help it would be great!!! :)
thank you xx
- 1 decade agoFavorite Answer
Sticky Toffee Muffins
* 1 1/2 cups pitted dates
* 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
* 175g unsalted butter
* 1 1/2 cups (225g) self-raising flour
* 3/4 cup (165g) caster sugar
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* 2 eggs, lightly beaten
* 3/4 cup (150g) firmly packed brown sugar
* 2 tbs golden syrup
* 1 cup (250ml) thickened cream, plus extra to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease a 12-hole muffin pan.
2. Place the dates in a saucepan with 1 cup (250ml) water, bring to the boil, then add the bicarbonate of soda and 60g of the butter. Stir to dissolve, then remove from the heat and set aside to cool slightly.
3. Sift the flour into a large bowl with the caster sugar, then add the vanilla extract and eggs. Place the date mixture in a food processor and whiz to form a roughish paste. Add to the bowl and stir until just combined. Pour the mixture into muffin holes and bake for 20 minutes. While the muffins are cooking, place the remaining butter and the brown sugar in a saucepan over low heat with the golden syrup and cream. Stir to combine, simmer for 10 minutes until thickened, then allow to cool to room temperature. Serve the warm muffins with the toffee sauce and extra cream.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
go on bbc food website they have good recipes and instructions