Who has the right to have nuclear weapons?

I was wondering ... Who has the right to have nuclear weapons and Who hasn't?

What does qualify a country? and what disqualifies? and Who and why decides for it?

I really don't understand this supposed free world!

• Bryan
    Favorite Answer

No one and everyone. This is really an issue of might makes right because no one can honestly argue in favor of any country actually having these weapons. However, if your country possesses them how can you argue against another country wanting them. The real benchmark the world puts on this is trying to deny these weapons to those who might actually use them. Before anyone says it I know this is a contradiction based on the fact that the United States has them and is the only country to use them against another nation. Please refer back to the might makes right argument. Really there is no right answer to this question, just endless rationalizations.

Nowadays it's basically the countries who already have the weapons are the one's who are allowed them. Because they refused to have them taken away. No one else is really allowed them.

Think of a couple of bigger bullies in school that decide what's best for everyone else.

Personally I don't think anyone should have them, but if I had to pick a country who has the right, I'd probably say Japan. Being the only country that has ever been attacked, they'd be a lot more careful because they know the consequences. (Japan has been very anti-nuclear weapons since the bombings and is one of the leading countries that says others should be disarmed.)

• Harley

No, no, there is no free world. There are "free" countries in which you have numerous rights, just not the right to be a serial killer, etc.

The general rule of thumb would be:

Allowed to have nukes: Countries that are less likely to use them, especially these days.

Not allowed: Countries that would have no problem using them.

if a country is ruled by a complete nut job..they don't need nukes..

after the last election america should be on that list

Germans once thought as you do after the treaty of Versailles.

You think you are so wise and no one has lived before you.

"don't understand this supposed free world!"

That's because there is nothing to understand and you have been lied to.

Your brain is having difficulty grasping the horrifying truth of the world we live in.

only the united states