hornysucka asked in HealthMen's Health · 1 decade ago

The whole hairy palm thing?

I just wanted to know if there was any truth to what they say about guys. Will too much masterbation cause hairy palms? I'm just curious if it is fake where did this myth come from?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

LOL...no

old story to scare off kids from doing it

no....ur house will "NOT" leak if you open an umbrella inside

no....u will "NOT" have bad luck for 7 years if you break a mirror

no....u will "NOT" be murdered by candyman or bloody mary if you say their name in the dark 5 times infront of the bathroom mirror

and NO...you will "NOT" go blind if you over masturbate

• 4 years ago

Hairy Palms

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

The whole hairy palm thing?

I just wanted to know if there was any truth to what they say about guys. Will too much masterbation cause hairy palms? I'm just curious if it is fake where did this myth come from?

Source(s): hairy palm thing: https://tr.im/Nz6Im
  • e w
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

They used to come up with all sorts of things to try to prevent boys from masturbation.

Hairy palms, going crazy, not being able to have children, etc.

And there's the old one about going blind (and the old joke about, well, I'll just do it until I need glasses, then I'll stop!)

And circumcision was used to try to prevent males from masturbating, as it diminishes a lot of the pleasure in both sex and masturbation.

Circumcision is the worst hoax ever perpetrated on the male sex.

A foreskin is not a birth defect; it is a birthright.

ERIC

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

not true. it is a myth to scare pre-pubescent teens from playing with themselves. My guess is some one told their teenage son back in the victorian era that they play with it too much they will grow hair, go blind, etc, etc. (there are any number of falsehoods surrounding the activity..)

statistically normal males "do it" 3 times per week, there are problems with doing it excessively.. Some report carpal tunnel, and other maladies. But these are infrequent.

"it" has been around since we were monkeys and will be around long after we are gone.

Contrary to E.W. NESM, and NIH studies have shown that circumcision decreases the potential for several types of cancers, and UTI's.. It is in fact a health issue. Not a perpetration on society. It also mitigates certains STD's while not preventing them reducing the likelihood of male chlamydia. Hygienic behavior with foreskin tends to be lax, "many guys" are not taught how to take care of the business of cleaning, because the stigma associated with the organ.

• 1 decade ago

It's an old joke....

What you're supposed to do is tell a kid "You know if you play with yourself, you'll get hairy palms" and then when he looks at his hand, you laugh....get it?

• It's TRUE!

• Devon
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

it is not true it came from parents who thought that their children should quit masturbating its just like the you will go blind thing

• 1 decade ago

It's not a myth. It's for real... why do you think the dinosaurs died?

• H4
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Probably religion trying whatever desperate tactics they could to make people feel bad about normal things.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.