can you go in a jacquzzi when your pregnant IF it is 98 degrees or less?

Best Answer

"The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) states that becoming overheated in a hot tub is not recommended during pregnancy. ACOG also recommends that pregnant women never let their core body temperature rise above 102.2º F."

"Hot tubs are often factory programmed to maintain a water temperature of approximately 104º F. It takes only 10-20 minutes in a hot tub to raise your body temperature to 102º F or higher."

I think if you get in water that is the same as your core temperature, you will be okay. This article says that you can get into a regular 104 degree jacuzzi while pregnant as long as you get out of the tub in 15 minutes.

"For this reason, staying in a hot tub or jacuzzi for less than 15 minutes is recommended for pregnant women. You should also make sure that you do not allow the jets to forcefully propel water near your vagina."

So, I think you'd be fine in a 98 degree tub.

Sorry if the advice was overly explained. I just like to make things very clear.

Hope that helps.

... And Congratulations, future mommy! :D

• Erika

large job doing analyze and taking her to the vet! :) canines have clearly severe temperatures so she ought to be high quality. while she does furnish, be constructive to no longer handle the puppies too plenty simply by fact it is not stable for them. I even have heard of chihuahuas that had concern delivering, yet I additionally understand somebody who's chihuahua has had a great number of litters and became high quality each and every time. Congrats! and that i'm hoping each little thing is going nicely!

I personally think it's okay. I went in a hot tub up to 99 degrees and would get out if it got any warmer during my first pregnancy and had no issues. (I'd take hotter showers, so I didn't see any problem with it, but followed the guidelines in a pregnancy book regarding baths/hot tubs.)

In a water birth women lounge in a water that is 95F to 100F (never any higher) for hours. My midwife told me as long as I didn't go above 100F the baby would be fine. Honestly I would trust her over some anonymous opinions on the Internet but that's me.

• Bex

I don't see why not - as long as you keep it close to body temperature it should be just like taking a bath.

It would take you 1 minute to ask your OB/GYN or thier nurse. Don't ask us

I would not even risk it,

you baby cannot regulate its body temperature.

nooooooo stay away from them, your baby can't handle all that extra heat!!

nope

nooo

Source(s): u