Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

WHY is the FED Spending $400,000 to Study Drinking and Sex Habits of Homosexuals in Argentina?

While the study is being conducted in Argentina, it is being funded with U.S. tax dollars. The grant recipients--who could not be reached for comment--say in the abstract that information gathered in the bars in Argentina might help inform similar efforts in America.

http://www.cnsnews.com/public/content/article.aspx...

30 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

It not that surprising these days with the pork barrel dem congress and a spend happy president , besides 0bama loves his homosexuals, and giving them money even in a foreign country insures their votes here at home

• 4 years ago

Well when I was a christian, (no longer a follower) I use to go to a christian website and sex was a popular topic. LOL And there were varying views on such things as oral sex. Like some christians say they thought it was ok and had no problem with it. They didn't feel any conviction from god over it. Others of course felt it was not right. And so it was established that for some it may seem sinful and for others not, depending on their personal relationship with god. Same thing with the toys. And of course this is all within marriage. These topics were discussed among married women. But your question is a good one. This is really about christians taking a look at their own life, removing the log from their own eye.... EDIT: I just noticed some of the replies here and I am really surprised. It seems that some christians are indirectly saying that anal sex would be fine within a heterosexual marriage. That anything goes. HUH? but isn't that what gay men do? How can it be ok for one but not the other? Christians! You just make up the rules to suit yourselves.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Behavior risk analysis. The study began on Sept. 30, 2008 as a Bush administration project.

http://www.cnsnews.com/public/content/article.aspx...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

This has Barney Frank written all over it. What people will do to get 'free' U.S. tax dollars in the form of grants so they can screw the pooch for a living.

Source(s): Why don't they just get 'real' meaningful employment???
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

The grant was issued in November 2008, during the Bush administration, should that make you feel any better. They're studying links between drinking in bars and HIV infection. I presume for the purpose of determining foreign aid grants to eradicate the disease.

• 1 decade ago

Because illegally taxing the American tax payer and spending that money on anything non constitutional is the "In" thing to do nowadays. Unfortunately, the "educated" voters don't know a damn thing about the constitution so they sit idle and let it happen. The exception are those true fiscal conservatives out there who are pissed off about high (and highly illegal) taxation so they participated in the anti-tax tea parties last month. GOD BLESS THEM

• Jani
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

The first report I saw said it was in the millions. But we shouldn't be spending $1.00 toward such a study. The ridiculous things our tax dollars have been spent over the years is a shame to our government.

We need to hold the legislators accountable that vote yea and nay to these proposed bills. They usually sneak them into bills that are well-accepted and hope they don't get noticed till it's too late.

• 1 decade ago

Wow, Argentina huh?

Well, Rockefellers and other foundations and institutes have conducted such studies for over a century.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Looks like ol' Barney may be taking a trip down south.

• 1 decade ago

How else are they going to pay back political contributors, without opening themselves to an investigation on money laundering, bribery, and corruption ?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.