Spiritually pondering about evolution, is your ring finger longer than your index finger, & what is your job?

Update:

.One more thing: If your ring finger is longer than your index finger, how much longer is it? 1/4 inch, 3/8 inch, 1/2 inch, or more ?

Update 2:

(I will tell you what it means later, or you could Google it now.)

Update 3:

Dear AEC, No it is not bad. I feel I know you pretty well, and I guessed your ring finger would be shorter.

-- It has nothing to do with "good or bad". It is just a personality coincidence found by genetic scientists.

Update 4:

Dear Lucent, It is not that simplistic. It has several ramifications.

Update 5:

Dear Lilith, For the purpose of the question, I wasn't allowed to tell which hand to look at. But thanks for the information. - I will explain later.

33 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I've never noticed people having a ring finger longer than the index.

I thought everyone had the same shaped hand as everyone else with the index finger always being the longest.

I know a few artistic people - I'll have to have a look now ... if I remember to.

~

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

I honestly do not have any idea where this is leading to. But my ring finger is 1/4 of an inch longer than my index finger in my right hand and 3/8 of an inch longer on my left hand.

Would it be any good to hear?

I am an Architect and Interior Designer for Home and Commercial buildings. Also with experience in Landscape Design.

• 3 years ago

My Ring finger is longer then my index finger and that i"m at as quickly as and mom 3 and that i do no longer seem or have any guy inclinations, so i think of is all bunch of nonsense no longer even returned up by potential of any genuine scientific analyze smh human beings recently have self assurance something!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

On my left, my index and ring are almost identical.

On my right, my ring is longer than my index by about 1/3 in

weird, I never noticed that before...

I can't give you an exact measurement of the difference in length of my fingers because they are crooked at the knuckle

Source(s): High school sophomore... looking for a job, albeit not very hard.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

My ring finger is about 1/2 inch longer than my index finger. I guess right now I am a professional goof off thanks to my disabilities. LOL However before I became "retired" I was a teacher and a hazardous Waste/Materials Management Professional. (I managed a regional hazardous waste program)

Brightest Blessings,

Raji the Green Witch

• 1 decade ago

O.K. My ring finger is about an 1/2 in longer than the index finger.

...cough...cough...I'm a Jack Of All Trades...Master Of None

Substitute Teacher, Animal Trainer, (dogs, horses, llamas and goats mainly-with training) College Two Years, Cake Decorator- with training, One Year Clown College, MHMR-on the job training, News Paper Writer...on the job training...and more...but you get the drift...oh yeah..two trophies in dirt car racing-powder puff...that's what the all girl race is called...geez, make us sound like wimps...

So what does my fingers tell me...I'm almost afraid to find out....

• 1 decade ago

I agree with the first; it's an unusual response to high levels of testosterone. My ring finger is significantly longer than my index, and I'm in the medical profession.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i think my index finger is slightly bigger hard to tell and uh i work with computers....you could call it data entry and customer service i guess it has to do with sports and thats all im gonna say

i looked it up it means i wasnt exposed to male testosterone as much in the womb well why am i such a frickin horndog...i am shy and none to aggressive but again total horndog

does the hand matter? cause i severed several tendons on my right hand and my ring and pinky finger is permanently crooked, i cant straighten them out so impossible to measure and bowl i used to love to bowl

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes, mine is.

I'm a student and a cashier at a bakery.

I know what it's supposed to mean, but I'll keep it secret.

edit:

Hardly 3/8 of an inch. Not much longer at all.

double edit:

I DO have a micro-evolved ring finger, tho! Like an adaption, it's all flat on the top.

• 1 decade ago

Ring finger is longer than index finger.

Grad student in theoretical physics.

EDIT: I only work in metric, but I'd say it's just a couple of millimetres longer.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.