Spiritually pondering about evolution, is your ring finger longer than your index finger, & what is your job?

.

.One more thing: If your ring finger is longer than your index finger, how much longer is it? 1/4 inch, 3/8 inch, 1/2 inch, or more ?

.

(I will tell you what it means later, or you could Google it now.)

.

Dear AEC, No it is not bad. I feel I know you pretty well, and I guessed your ring finger would be shorter.

-- It has nothing to do with "good or bad". It is just a personality coincidence found by genetic scientists.

.

Dear Lucent, It is not that simplistic. It has several ramifications.

Dear Lilith, For the purpose of the question, I wasn't allowed to tell which hand to look at. But thanks for the information. - I will explain later.

Favorite Answer

I've never noticed people having a ring finger longer than the index.

I thought everyone had the same shaped hand as everyone else with the index finger always being the longest.

I know a few artistic people - I'll have to have a look now ... if I remember to.

~

I honestly do not have any idea where this is leading to. But my ring finger is 1/4 of an inch longer than my index finger in my right hand and 3/8 of an inch longer on my left hand.

Would it be any good to hear?

I am an Architect and Interior Designer for Home and Commercial buildings. Also with experience in Landscape Design.

My Ring finger is longer then my index finger and that i"m at as quickly as and mom 3 and that i do no longer seem or have any guy inclinations, so i think of is all bunch of nonsense no longer even returned up by potential of any genuine scientific analyze smh human beings recently have self assurance something!

On my left, my index and ring are almost identical.

On my right, my ring is longer than my index by about 1/3 in

weird, I never noticed that before...

I can't give you an exact measurement of the difference in length of my fingers because they are crooked at the knuckle

Source(s): High school sophomore... looking for a job, albeit not very hard.

My ring finger is about 1/2 inch longer than my index finger. I guess right now I am a professional goof off thanks to my disabilities. LOL However before I became "retired" I was a teacher and a hazardous Waste/Materials Management Professional. (I managed a regional hazardous waste program)

Brightest Blessings,

Raji the Green Witch

O.K. My ring finger is about an 1/2 in longer than the index finger.

...cough...cough...I'm a Jack Of All Trades...Master Of None

Substitute Teacher, Animal Trainer, (dogs, horses, llamas and goats mainly-with training) College Two Years, Cake Decorator- with training, One Year Clown College, MHMR-on the job training, News Paper Writer...on the job training...and more...but you get the drift...oh yeah..two trophies in dirt car racing-powder puff...that's what the all girl race is called...geez, make us sound like wimps...

So what does my fingers tell me...I'm almost afraid to find out....

I agree with the first; it's an unusual response to high levels of testosterone. My ring finger is significantly longer than my index, and I'm in the medical profession.

i think my index finger is slightly bigger hard to tell and uh i work with computers....you could call it data entry and customer service i guess it has to do with sports and thats all im gonna say

i looked it up it means i wasnt exposed to male testosterone as much in the womb well why am i such a frickin horndog...i am shy and none to aggressive but again total horndog

does the hand matter? cause i severed several tendons on my right hand and my ring and pinky finger is permanently crooked, i cant straighten them out so impossible to measure and bowl i used to love to bowl

Yes, mine is.

I'm a student and a cashier at a bakery.

I know what it's supposed to mean, but I'll keep it secret.

edit:

Hardly 3/8 of an inch. Not much longer at all.

double edit:

I DO have a micro-evolved ring finger, tho! Like an adaption, it's all flat on the top.

Ring finger is longer than index finger.

Grad student in theoretical physics.

EDIT: I only work in metric, but I'd say it's just a couple of millimetres longer.