Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Poll: New or old AFI?

I think their new stuff really sucks. I like Black Sails the most, but pretty much everything before Sing The Sorrow is amazing. Good old punk. Their new stuff is way to pop to be genuine.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

I like both old AND new AFI.

The old stuff is awesome, fun punky stuff that really gets you going, and the newer stuff is just full of awesome instrumentation and lyrics.

While they were awesome during the whole ATASF, VPOY, and SYMAOYE era, everything they've done from Black Sails until now is FAR better musically. You can't expect them to keep writing about Mini Trucks forever, you know. They wouldn't be a band anymore if they didn't keep evolving in their sound.

and Sing the Sorrow is hardly pop music... It's probably the single best album AFI have ever written, and Black Sails, Art of Drowning, and STS was the peak of AFI's songwriting IMO.

As for the new stuff, Decemberunderground is a poppy album, yes, but that is due to the electronic elements in it that Davey and Jade finally let out with Blaqk Audio, so Crash Love is gonna be a more straight-up rock album hopefully with less synthesizers.

• 1 decade ago

I sort of like there old stuff, and some of there stuff from sing the sorrow. Just don't think that they are going to get any better, and if they do, it is because of a miracle

• 1 decade ago

I like both actually, just differently.

The old stuff is, as you say, good old punk, which is always great to listen to.

The new stuff is definitely pop-like, but I like it better than average pop music, so I like it too, but in a different way than the older stuff.

If choosing between their old and new stuff, I would prefer the old stuff.

• 3 years ago

- "The devil Loves You" - i do no longer understand why i admire this song, despite the fact that that is been one among my favorites from an prolonged time - i do no longer understand what the DF is, or that is club standards, yet i'm no longer one for communities.. - i'm the right age :-) - i've got been listening for form of 10 years now.. guy, thats an prolonged time.. - i bypass to assert Hunter, because of the fact no one desires to calm down with the bassist, and he seems cool and laid back - united states

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Both, but more geared towards the new. The new stuff seems more heartfelt.

Crash Love <3 can't wait!

• 1 decade ago

the only song i have ever heard from them was "Miss Murder" and it was on Guitar Hero 3. So sorry, i dont really get to vote on this poll.

• 1 decade ago

Never really been a fan, but bands usually get worse with time.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.