Why is gay marriage illegal or considered "wrong"?

I just don't get it! What's so bad about it? If we are not supposed to mix Church and State, why does the government choose who will marry who? And why is it illegal in the church anyways? It's not like Jesus was like "F*** gays. Only straights!". No. He said "Agape", to put everyone else before yourself. So can someone (who is anti-gay marriage) please explain this to me? I would like to hear other people's opinions.

No, I am not gay, I am straight. Just because I'm straight does not mean I can't support gay rights.

And in response to that guy who mentioned the sheep: you are a totally different species. There's a difference between two humans loving each other and a crazy guy like you doing his sheep.

Best Answer

Coming from a guy who is against gay marriage; I would have to say its bad because God does tell us in the Bible that marriage should be between a man and a woman and the job of the the man and woman is to create offspring and so on.

Im not one of those guys that thinks its totally sick that a man is with a man and a woman with a woman, but growing up in a christian background it is immorally wrong coming from a christian point of view.

Because most people don't like to realize that marriage existed long before Christianity or even Judaism, and it originated as a secular, financial agreement. Sorry to break it to the fundamentalist Christians who want to claim everlasting ownership, but they didn't invent it. And marriage has evolved dramatically WITHIN the various Christian religions over the years.

To answer your question: gay marriage isn't legal yet because not enough of the country is comfortable with it yet. Pure and simple. What SHOULD be happening is the Supreme Court ruling in favor of gay marriage, because denying gay couples the rights of married heterosexual couples is unconstitutional, but the Supreme Court doesn't always get off its butt and make rulings like that when it should.

Also, the reason gay marriage hasn't historically existed within Christianity is because marriage was designed IN THE RELIGION as a means for procreation and an avoidance of extramarital intercourse. (It was NOT originally celebrated as a sacred bond of love. Check out all the **** that Paul said about marriage.)

Not a choice? Our ways of thinking are so ignorant and perverse. How is it not a choice? Your thoughts form your sexual orienation. You can be a homosexual, I assure you. Let's stick you in a room with a man for a couple of years. Let's say he has feminine qualities. Your taste will change. The same if I stick you in with a child or close relative. Your tastes will change. What about the pedophile that claims he's helpless and in love with his neighbor's child? He might claim that he was born with his orientation and it wasn't a choice. You're right. We don't judge. At the same time, we don't allow immorality and ungodliness to become the norm. Yes we sin but we admit that we're wrong. Our sin is no better. When a society loses sight of what's right and what's wrong it becomes unstable.

There is nothing wrong with it. Society just hasn't changed enough to accept gays. It is illegal in the church because the church is dictated by narrow-minded people who use their influence to enforce bigotry. This will not change. The majority (anti gay) is always trying to dictate the minority (gay marriage) . The only time it will become completely legal is when this older,conservative generation finally dies out. Leaving the younger ,more liberal generations to vote and change things to the way they should be. It will happen, but it is just going to take a while. People just have to get their head out of their a**.

America's legal definition for marriage is the union between One Man and One Woman. This has nothing to do with Church. It is the Government's responsibility to maintain social stability, and allowing gay marriage would be the first step in pushing the laws further and further from what the founding father's intended.

Although you know I am right, I know I wont get Best Answer. But that's okay, whatever helps you sleep at night...

becuase of religions, society, and the government. theyre all jeolous of someone being happy even though its not the same as most people so what if u dude likes a dude if chick likes a chick or if they like both. who cares. let them be happy. i think everyones just affraid of people in the world actualy being happy. thats why i say fight the government fight religions yes i am a christian im not completley against religion just the part where some dont respect the gay community and go against society. join the rebel cause for a better world. they should be allowed to do what they want. they should be allowed to be wed. **** dude if guys can dress like girls and girls can dress like guys and they can also get sex changes then i dont see why they cant have gay marriage. if they have gay bars and that stuff then why cant gays get married. like wtf ur giving them all a place to hang out together and u better know if its a gay bar or something theyre gonna be flirting and stuff just like str8 ppl at a regular bar. let them be them. by not letting them do it theyre just gonna go somewhere where theyre allowed to get married then theyll come back so just let them get married. i dont see what all the big deal is.

The reason is that Marriage implies that God is in charge of it. Marriage is a holy covenant between a man and a woman and God doesn't recognize any other way.

And about the church and state myth. The constitution doesn't call for a separation. That's actually a communist line.

I think most people are against it because it usually ends up being two people of the same sex getting married. Now if gay marriage was between a man and a woman, I think a lot less people would be against it.

• CB

exactly. in a perfect world church and state would be separate but the fact of the matter is America was founded as a "Christian nation" and Christians have always tried really hard to keep it that way. Since they make up the majority, they've been successful.

Because of the Christians who make up most of our nation and their moral beliefs from the bible. Honestly, I couldn't care less. Marry who you wanna marry, and other people should stay out of your buisness and love-life