knives??????????????????????

i have a very old knife that says rostfrei i know that means no rust but i was wondering what itd worth it has flat sides unlike today's pockets knives its about 40 years old

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Visor
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Rostfrei in German means stainless, literally "Free from Rust".

Generally that is the cheap 420 or worse steel. So, value wouldn't be very high. Think of 5$ flea market knives.

Same deal when you see "surgical steel" on knives. There is no surgical steel, it's just a BS name to conceal low grade steel in the knife.

In 99% of the cases when the manufacturer uses such generic terms you should be very suspicious of that knife. Any half decent steel gets etched or at least specified somewhere.

For more on knife steel check out knife steel FAQ - http://zknives.com/knives/articles/knifesteelfaq.s...

• 1 decade ago

well it depends on what type, the size, the quality etc. knives can vary in price from under $10 to over $500 if you really want to know you should bring it to a local knife store or pawn shop.

• 1 decade ago

send it to me, ill let you know...lol. nah, but i really do collect them. maybe post a couple of pics?

• 1 decade ago

if it is antique, the hundreds of dollars

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.