What is the conversation protocol (saying 'over' to end a message etc.) for talking over walkie-talkies?

We use walkie-talkies (two way radios or trans-receivers) for co-ordination in outdoor activities like trekking, camping etc. It is incredibly handy where cell phone coverage is poor or even absent. I have seen (mostly in movies or on TV) military personnel and law enforcement agencies use a particular talking... show more We use walkie-talkies (two way radios or trans-receivers) for co-ordination in outdoor activities like trekking, camping etc. It is incredibly handy where cell phone coverage is poor or even absent. I have seen (mostly in movies or on TV) military personnel and law enforcement agencies use a particular talking style or conversation protocol while communicating over walkie-talkies. They say "over" to end a message, "out" to end a conversation etc. What the complete conversation protocol or style-guide, if you will, for such communication? I hope to use it for making our conversations more structured and precise.