Jared P asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

Virginia Tech v. Alabama?

Pick a winner for the Kick Off Classic

Forgive me for not giving Chick-Fil-A their rightful tag in my question. *rolls eyes*

it is not in Alabama, it is in Atlanta at the Georgia Dome my friend.

Favorite Answer

Alabama was very overrated last year with that #88 ranked schedule. They were exposed by Utah. They seem to have lost a lot of talent since then. I think they are a three loss team at best. I think V.T. will be one of those losses.

its called the College Kickoff which will be in Atlanta

the Kickoff Classic was something different that used to be held in the Meadowlands in New Jersey before being discontinued in 2002.

Anyway Im going to take the Alabama Crimson Tide here.

With Mark Ingram coming back the Tide will have enough strength on the ground and with one of the best WR's in the nation Julio Jones at wideout the Tide will be able to score enough to win.

I think Alabama's tough defense which has alot of returnees will be able to shut down Tyrod Taylor and Virginia Tech's run happy offense.

I think the Hokies offense it too one-dimensional to beat Alabama.

Alabama only had 9 seniors last year and will bring back a tough and experienced team this year.

I give Alabama the edge 24-13

my bad I meant to say Atlanta and not Alabama

funny how everybody who said Alabama got thumbs down

shows the maturity level of some people who can't accept an opinion

Source(s): KONJ

Alabama

It all depends on the performance of the VT quarterback. Last year Alabama performed against Utah like they thought they didn't belong in the Sugar Bow. But defense is the name of the game, a good running attack will beat Bama. I don't see VT having one other than the quarterback. Alabama will win.

I think alabama will beat vt on opening day, beating nick saban on opening day is a tremendously hard thing to do, he has all spring and summer to just get ready for that game. But i agree with vt coming out of the acc this year, beamer ball will always be in style. they are also my dark horse team for the national championship by losing game 1 and then running the table.

Alabama

alabama 27, virginia tech, `14

Alabama

Note: I find it funny how the first answer said Alabama and Little Tsunami said Alabama, but Little Tsunami got a thumbs down for her answer!

• .

While I would love to see Virginia Tech win, I'm going to have to pick Alabama. Tech's defense is always good, but I don't think their offense will be enough to pull them through.

I'll be watching it though!

Alabama will kick the Hokies ****.