Christians pls help- am i going to hell, or am i just doubting God again and again..read with DISCRETION?

Recently, i have asked my pastor what does it mean by blasphemy against the spirit. After that a series of uncontrollable event happened, i could no disclose it to any one but it's just_____holy spirit. That blank is a profanity. I cannot say it, for it is an unforgivable sin. Atheists be warned ,even if you are a God hater, you should never profane God's name. U can speak a word against Jesus but a word against the holy spirit will not be forgiven. And that 'blank' i kept on repeating. I do not know why i do it, i hate to say it but i just kept on saying and saying. i resorted to pinch myself and even punched myself when i blasphemed in thought against the spirit. After that i began to talk to God as if i am talking to some1. I thank God no1 will see it, or it will seem like i am insane. This has started from yesterday. I couldnt bear it any longer. t. I prayed profusely for forgiveness, to tell him to not trust the words from my mind, for they are evil and i couldnt restrain words appearing to my mind. I thought i was going to hell and there was no point living any more, than i thought could it be the devil, wanting me to kill myself therefore deceiving me while i am learning his words. I thought how stupid was i to fall for his trap. But then i dont feel secure, since then i thought God has left me and he forsaken me, i am going to the depths of hell. he has cancelled my name from the book of life and he has disowned his Son. This time i cried, i wanted to so bad to drenched myself in tears, but i couldnt cry even a single drop. And i appear as if i am pretending! i said no this is for real but why cant i cry a single drop... Am i REALLY INSANE. I said NO i am perfectly fine!! Then something amazing happen that night...That very night while in the shower. God spoke through me in a song. It was so brilliant, it tells me how much he loves me and would never leave me, the moment i accpeted him my place was secured, nothing could ever take it away. I felt a overwhelming peace and joy. But later i thought of it again, i doubt, that my human nature i still dont think he was with me.

OK this is the 2nd day. I came back home from school. And i continue to lose hope of living. I think i was going to hell for sure. I have been blasphemying the spirit for the whole day. I was tired and i went to bed, i felt utterly depressed and i feel as if i was going to be hanged the next day. I thought maybe God would give me a vision in a dream. Indeed this was my dream. pls help me to interpret it. I met satan, and i hated him alot, but that person turns out to be my grandpa, i poured baked beans over his head why he was sleeping. And i ran out of the house but before i opened the door the devil gasped me by the throat and i struggle to break free but i cant, then he would teleport me to another place he would put curse on me evil spirits followed whereever i go!! it was utterly scary as if i was living in hell. THen i cried out to God HELP ME!!! where are u when it hurts where are u!!! then i woke up. i went to the shower. And God spoken to me again, he said are you calling me a liar, i said no u are an almighty God your promises are true. He said why do you worry then. I said sorry Lord for doubting you. I began singing praises and worship songs. The sang those songs without thinking and the choice of songs were perfect, God knew my plight and he choice the songs that comforted me i felt overwhelming joy and peace. After listening to my story. Considering that i have committed an unpardonable sin in my thought would i still inherit his kingdom. God promises are always true and he is faithful isnt it?

Hey atheists sorry if i phrase my question details in a way that might be offensive. I meant even if you are a godhater. I didnt say atheists i know you hate God....

See the difference?

Best Answer

MY FRIEND, GOD FORGIVES! IF U HAVE REALLY ASKED FOR GIVENESS FOR UR DOUBT THEN MAKE NO MISTAKE U R FORGIVEN. GOD'S WORDS R NOT VOID. HE SAID THAT OUR SINS ARE FORGIVEN FOR AS MANY TIMES AS WE ASK FOR FORGIVENESS. NOW, WHAT U HAVE TO DO IS TO GET UR MIND ON SOMETHING ELSE AND ACT LIKE A FORGIVEN PERSON. DOUBT IS A PART OF HUMAN NATURE IT IS NOT MENT TO TORMENT US THAT IS WHY THE LAW OF FORGIVENESS WAS GIVEN TO US. DON'T U THINK THAT GOD HAS MORE THINGS TO DO THAN SIT AROUND THINKING UP PUNISHMENTS FOR EVERY ONE THAT HAS DOUBTS? (LOL). HE IS A GOOD GOD, FULL OF GRACE AND MERCY. MY FRIEND, DON'T WORRY ABOUT GOING TO HELL, JUST KEEP UR MIND ON HEAVEN AND U WILL BE ALRIGHT.

MY PRAYER IS THAT GOD WILL GIVE U PEACE IN UR MIND AND STRENGTHEN U TO SING HIS PRAISES. FOR GOD TO FORGIVE UR DOUBTS AND TO BLESS IN YOUR STRUGGLES WITH THIS SITUATION. MAY GOD CROSS UR PATH WITH FELLOW CHRISTIANS THAT WILL INCOURAGE U AND SUPPORT U ON THIS PATH TO RIGHTOUSNESS. AMEN

Relax kid, for several reasons. First off, Atheists don't hate God, they just don't like it when religious nuts accuse them of it, religion isn't for everyone. and I think it's about time more religious people started accepting that. Second, if you actually can be sent to Hell for uttering curse words, then most of the population will be going down with you. Go get checked out -by a doctor- to see what may be wrong with you, if there is anything wrong at all. You sound like a religious fanatic, and the problem with that is that it's altering your sense of reality. Take a step back, ignore the dream; that's your guilty conscience getting the better of you. Think about why you could be uttering those words. The devil has nothing to do with it, if he even is down there, I'm sure he has bigger fish to fry. And relax, I saw on the news a couple weeks ago a story about a woman who killed her two year old daughter in cold blood, and a priest visited her in prison, taught her the ways of the Lord and now feels like she has been saved. If a woman like that can be accepted into Heaven, I'm sure you'll be alright...just remember to thank Him for scaring you like this and keeping you on your toes, otherwise He may be offended and send you down anyway...

Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is not neurotic stutterings in your head. It is willful slander of God working His good will through men. Slander does not occur without communication with another person. Look at it this way - if you go out in the middle of a forest where no one can hear, and yell "the holy spirit is a hoebag"... no one can hear, thus no slander ("blasphemy") has occurred.

Thought control is a skill which you can learn in a just a session or two with a decent therapist. It would be money well-spent.

• Jeanne

Damn, you are one confused dude. "Ten thousand difficulties do not make one doubt" John Henry Newman And what is a doubt [ also Newman] : '"—could a man be said to trust in God, and to love God, who was familiar with doubts whether there was a God at all, or who bargained that, just as often as he pleased, he might be at liberty to doubt whether God was good, or just or mighty; and who maintained that, unless he did this, he was but a poor slave, that his mind was in bondage, and could render no free acceptable service to his Maker; that the very worship which God approved was one attended with a caveat, on the worshipper's part, that he did not promise to render it tomorrow; that he would not answer for himself that some argument might not come to light, which he had never heard before, which would make it a grave, moral duty in him to suspend his judgment and his devotion? Why, I should say, my brethren, that that man was worshipping his own mind, his own dear self and not God; that his idea of God was a mere accidental form which his thoughts took at this time or that,—for a long period or a short one, as the case might be,—not an image of the great Eternal Object, but a passing sentiment or imagination which meant nothing at all. I should say, and most men would agree with me, did they choose to give attention to the matter, that the person in question was a very self-conceited, self-wise man, and had neither love, nor faith, nor fear, nor anything supernatural about him; that his pride must be broken, and his heart new made, before he was capable of any religious act at all. " To not know the difference between a difficulty and a doubt is to not even know the nature of Faith, which you say you have or had. If anything you will be condemned for laziness, for knowing next to nothing about what Faith is.

Blaspheming the holy spirit is denying the holy spirit, nothing else is.

You seem very troubled over this. There is reason to live and you are not going to hell over your thoughts. You are also not insane, but I suspect you are in need of counseling, like many folks are from time to time in our lives.

Do not use a Christian counselor. An LPC, LMFT or a regular psychologist is my suggestion. I think this would be of great help and comfort to you.

Again you did not blaspheme the spirit.

Source(s): PhD Religion, minister, professor

Maybe you have Tourettes syndrome?

I'm sure God would forgive you for that. Wait a second, why would he have given it to you in the first place and then condemn you?

---------------------

Seriously dude. Chill out. You've created a self-suggestive paranoid loop and your religious outlook is exacerbating it. You're not going to hell. Get lots of sleep and try some yoga. One of the techniques of overcoming panic attacks for example is to try and actually bring them on...that way you kinda gain control over them - this could work for you, I don't know.

There was a story that a young monk went to the Buddha to attain enlightenment and the Buddha told him all you need to do is wash yourself in the Ganges river for one week but you must never ever think of this spot. (and the Buddha pointed to a spot on the young fellow's knee). Of course the young man was disgusted with himself, for every time he washed himself in the Ganges he thought of that spot.

You have exactly the same problem. When these thoughts enter your head you need to simply relax about it (to break the paranoia loop)...tell yourself you're not going to hell...or God will forgive you once you get over it....or don't take the Bible so literally...or anything that will allow you to relax about it. The secret is to learn to "let go" of such thoughts...they're just thoughts and will eventually pass. The more you resist them the worse the problem becomes. If you don't do this you could develop schizophrenia or extreme bipolar disorders - unlikely but possible. Just learn to allow your thoughts to happen - let them flow and be on their way. "Resist" is the keyword there. When you stop resisting and just let your thoughts flow they will begin to move on (to other subjects), but you have to do this continuously for a long time and then the problem will disappear.

I've struggled with a similar problem in the past.

By the way I can prove to you that the Bible should not be taken literally in this way. You can message me if you need help with that.

EDIT: You dream means this: You are fighting with your own "animal instincts" and desires and subconscious mischievousness (the devil). On some level they have got the "upper hand" on you but probably only because you supress them instead of channeling them in a healthy manner. You should instead accept your "lower animal" nature and come to terms with it - you were created this way (as a "spiritual being" in an "animal body"). Bear in mind that the mythology of religion is really just different aspects of the subconscious mind and their behavior and antics. The devil refers to our animal side and God refers to our spiritual side. There is no need for them to fight each other - they can work in harmony. The reason religious symbolism contains the idea that they fight with each other is simply because usually human beings embrace one or the other (so they must be at odds) but very rarely do they learn to balance them in harmony.....this is true spiritual work. Carl Jung called this "Shadow work".

Source(s): Analytical Psychology Depth Psychology Carl Jung Dream Analysis Comparative religious studies etc
  • Gary P

That was not the unpardonable sin. It was blasphemy however, which is a terrible sin, but will be forgiven. The unpardonable sin is rejecting Christ. It is the ministry of the Holy Spirit to convict people of sin and coming Judment that they might turn to Christ. When people reject the ministry of the Holy Spirit, and therefore do not come to Christ, that is what is unpardonable.

The three things that war against the Christian is our flesh, the world system and the devil and his demons. You sound like you need to find a good church, read your bible, and find mature Christians who can help you because right now you are being tossed "to and fro".

There's no such thing as an unpardonable sin...

Jesus still loves you for whatever you as long as you repeant and really mean it. If you keep on doing it, then you have to ask God to help you stop doing whatever and try helping yourself. Put you need to be sorry and mean it.

He loves you no matter what.

And you might wanna see some help about talking to devil. Like have your pastor pray for you, since if what you said is true, you are going through some heavy stuff...

There is no such thing as the metaphysical "Hell" - it is based on a real place called "Gehenna". So you can stop worrying about that.

Judging by what parts I have read of your statement it sounds like you may have Tourettes (sp?) syndrome or possibly obsessive compulsive disorder. You need to see a counselor to find out - and not a church counselor - a trained health professional. Good luck.

God already knows you, hon. When you're ready for Him, He'll be ready for you. Your dream, is nothing but your anxieties and insecurities. Try not to worry so much. As long as you continue to seek God and read his word, He can take care of the rest.