? asked in TravelUnited StatesLas Vegas · 1 decade ago

Gambling and Food Budget for Las Vegas Trip?

I am going to Las Vegas in August for four nights. I'm 21 and need to know how much I should expect to spend. AKA what's the smallest amount of money I can gamble and have fun with (is $1200 ok?

) and is $700 going to be enough for food and drinks and club entrance fees for four nights?

• lvgeno
    Favorite Answer

If that is what you have then make it work. People go with less and spend less. Budget according to your wants and needs. For gambling they have different betting amounts. You can bet as low as a penny on the new slots and as high as you want. Same with table games. There are minimum bid limits. Only you can control what you spend. Set a budget and stick to it. Better to come home with a little money left over than none or even worse .... owing.

• KN

Depends on where you gamble, what games you like and how much time you play. If you want the best odds and the lowest minimums etc, gamble downtown or off strip. For food you can find places that have good food and are not expensive. Food is about the best bargain in Las Vegas. If you want to gamble a lot and don't want to spend a lot of money I would stay away from the strip casinos. Just go visit them and look at all the free frills that they offer. A good website is: http://www.cheapovegas.com/index.php. 1200 for four nights is 300 a night. That's good for slot machines and low limit table games. 700 should be good for food if you don't eat in any expensive places.

Thats really up to you. These questions gets asked in here all the time, but the problem is everyone is different.

If you smart with it, you can gamble with 100$ and have a great time. I remember on one trip top Vegas I turned 50$ into 900$ in 2 days. So you just never know what will happen.

If I can give you a word of advice though, if you are on a budget avoid the clubs. They are the biggest ripoff. Its all about image and throwing money around to look flashy. I am not saying there is anything wrong with that from time to time, but if money is actually important to you, try thre bars on the strip.. not clubs.

whoa $1200 is way too much money to throw down the toilet especially in this recession. Try to limit yourself to losing between $100-$200 on gambling. $700 should be enough for 4 days unless you go somewhere expensive. Remember to sign up for the gambling clubs they send you a lot of junk mail home, but sometimes they send you free money if you go back. Like Free nights at hotels (usually weekdays), free slot play, $10 for food, etc

I see some of the previous posters are not aware of corporate travel brokers. These companies plan & buy rooms & stuff in bulk & then offer any extra rooms etc to the public for wholesale rates. You can stay at a top casino for $199 for 3 days 2 nights (with NO sales pitch!)

They also offer a $500 booklet that gives you gambling chips for free, plus discounts on restaurants & shows - check this site, I've used it twice & no complaints

This way you can still gamble but it will be with FREE $$$, plus all the other discounts you'll get will help you hang onto your cash - good luck! :)

If you are a good looking girl, and especially if you are going with other girls then you should not have to pay for any drinks, clubs etc. If a bouncer spots you out they will let you in for free or if you go to the front of the line and flirt with them then you will get in for free no problems. Have guys buy you drinks. 1200 is good enough for 4 days. Thats is about the bankroll that I take with me just for gambling when I go for that amount of time. If you do end up having to pay for entrance fees at the clubs its going to cost you about $20. Drinks inside the clubs are expensive so get your buzz on before you go inside. Sit at a video poker machine and play the minimum and have the cocktail waitress bring you free drinks for an hour.

You can get great deals during the week... but if you have to go on a weekend, the hotels on the north end of the strip are cheaper in general (Circus Circus, Stratosphere... Excalibur is the only cheap hotel on the south end of the strip). My fave is the Monte Carlo because of its location and the rooms and casino are really nice. When you get there, get a las vegas guide right away (there are free copies near the shuttle stations and in some of the hotels) because they have coupons for almost everything like half price dinners, free drinks, etc. $500 is definitely enough to have a good time.

Depends on what you plan to play while you are there (ex: slots, blackjack, poker, etc.) $1200 is fine is you just ration it out: if you are there for 4 days, budget only $300 per day ($100 for morning, $100 for afternoon, $100 for evening). Just make sure you dont blow it all on the first day out! $700 is fine for food and clubs. Check with your hotel to see if you can get discounts or free passes to the clubs you want to see. Another tip, use a players card; when you sign up for them at each casino, they offer perks like free meals and clubs and show passes. You may want to bring an extra $100-$200 with you just in case (cab to airport, luggage costs, any rollercoaster rides or touristy stuff), things do add up pretty quickly there.

Have a great time!

Source(s): I go 3 times a year!

at your age, set a limit of $150 or $ 200 a day...that is plenty

If u share a room and eat at reasonable buffets you can get by on about $ 120 a day

You are a fool if you pay a dime to get into anything in Las Vegas, and why don't you just take your $1200 and throw it into the street?

Answer mine please?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=200905...