Angel asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

I cant insert a tampon?

Ive never been able to insert a tampon. Ive been on my period since I was 11 years old and im now 16. Over the years Ive been trying to insert them and I cant. Ive tried with non applicators and applicators. Either way it will not go in, and if I force it, it gives me a stinging pain. Ive tried to insert it in different angles, Ive tried standing in different positions, and it wont go in. I have also tried my best to relax. Is there anything wrong with me?

Best Answer

I had the same problem up until I lost my virginity and became sexually active. All women are different.. I have plenty of friends that never had a problem, ever. I doubt anything is wrong, but you should talk to your doctor about it if you're really worried about it.

you just need to find a goos position i croch a bit and put my leg on the loo seat then relax pretend you are doing something you really like and insert it gently do not force it in makes it worse, i started at 11 and i am 14 now i got the hang of it after bout 5 months you will be able to just RELAX

Source(s): self experiance

You have to insert it towards your back. They say at a 45 degree angle. You could be inserting it in the wrong hole maybe? It's the second hole with the "lips"(eww I know) on it.

Source(s): I used tampons on my first period and I had a few problems. Everyone does the first time they use them.

Use the smallest size.

Try sitting in front of a mirror with your legs open.

Spread open your labia

Put to fingers on the applicators

and just put it in

Try twisting it as it goes it

or putting vasaline on it.

If it hurts, relax.

Good luck, remember it takes practice.

Source(s): myself. also you can watch this video on beinggirl.com http://www.beinggirl.com/en_US/yourperiod_insertta...

I suspect you are doing something wrong. I began using them when I was young and still a virgin and never had a problem. I suggest that you generously lubricate the the applicator with Vaseline.

i dont know, never had that problem.

are you a virgin? it could mabye be why?

but im a virgin and have never had any problems...

i dont know, you might have to do the embarassing thing and talk to your mum, she may of had the same problem when she was younger, you never know. good luck xx

I have the same problem

But i have read DO NOT use vaseline

there are many oils in that and it can effect this sensitive area

so please do not use vaseline

do as Nicole says that how i used to do it

instructions on the packed?

rofls

It depends: are you a virgin?