Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 decade ago

sore ribs when coughing?

i get a sharp pain in my ribs and at the side of my back when i cough. is this significant ? what does it mean ? 10pts

i havent been coughing that much, but have hayfever symtopms

(i do not have hayfever)

Favorite Answer

I get this when I have been coughing for several days - basically you have strained these muscles from coughing so hard.

If you don't cough that much and are having these issues - you probably need to see your doctor to rule out anything serious.

Could check the "Web MD" sites to help with some diagnosis. http://symptoms.webmd.com/

in the journey that your having no success with your surgeon, attempt going to A&E and tell them which you don`t experience that that's a classic cough ,and you desire a nearer examination to be sure in case you have a an infection of a few form. What have you ever obtain to lose ??? good success.

have you been coughing alot? this may cause your muscles to become sore, usually when I get a cold my sides hurt from coughing, if you've injured yourself in your rib or back area, the coughing may make it seem worse then it is,

It's probably the stress on the intercostal muscles that are located between your ribs. They are accessory muscles involved in coughing.

its just becuase u have been coughing too much