HP Mini 2140 for gaming?

Could an HP mini 2140 play games like Call of Duty 4 smoothly?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

No, the only netbooks that are capable of playing CoD4 are the ones with nVidia Ion Graphics cards (and even they're a bit choppy) I'd recommend you get a cheap capable laptop.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

really sorry but look at the stats for the game compared with the ones for your mini.

Graphics

Mobile Intel® GMA 950 vs

Video card (generic): NVIDIA Geforce 6600 or better or ATI Radeon 9800Pro or better

Intel® Atom™ Processor N270 (1.60 GHz,vs

Pentium 4 2.4 GHz

your cpu and graphics are too slow. I have a sony vaio with a 2ghz core duo with 3 gb of ram and a intel gma 4500 which is supposed to use the spare ram as graphics in addition to 128 mb of video. supposedly it has 1.3 gb of graphics but it goes rock bottom as soon as it hits a game . i tried crossfire and if i was shot at by more than 3 people it went so jerky it was incredible. tbh intel graphics have a good idea with using spare ram but they are integrated so the time taken for the data to move slows it down .

I would say your mini could play anything pre 2005 eg age of mythology , age of empires . if you want to play pc games and you went ultra strict on your budget you could have a gaming pc that could play anything for £200 if you built it yourself.

try www.tigerdirect.com and look in the amd motherboard and cpu bundles.

good luck hope this helps

• clyne
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

dude you acquire a hp MINI there is not any way it could ever play video games that require awesomeness. and you your self cant improve a computing device because of the fact commencing it up viods the guaranty answer: purchase a PS3, they wont permit you down

• 1 decade ago

i think it will play but quality n gaming will not actualy be felt by u

u need good motherboards with built in graphic n sound card etc

ne way y don't u try may be ur sys might suport

** check out the system requirements of the game with ur lapi if it suffises then congrats its gona work just fine

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.