Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMen's Health · 1 decade ago

Will i grow any taller? How much taller (inches, cms)?

I am a male turning 16 in a 3 months and i want to know if i will grow any taller? My dad is 5'5.5, my mum is 4'10 and i'm 5'8.5. My weight is 70-72kg (jumps a lot from time to time since i was 14 and a half). I have a maintained diet (protein of 150g each day, 1200 mg of calcium, fair amounts of magnesium, potassium from bananas I love bananas :0, vitamins and minerals from my 4 serves and vegs and 3 serves of fruit each day) I play a lot of tennis...especially tennis comps and tournaments and i dance (krumping) a lot at dance & buck sessions and with friends on weekends. I also have a lot of muscle (especially in my shoulders and back mainly from tennis 4 times a week recreational... comps on fri, sat, sun, wed and krumping, on weekends and at also at school)

I started puberty at 13 and 4 mths EXACTLY when i had a growth spurt of 3-4 inches. My point is will i grow any more??? And if i do, could be possibly estimate by how much (inches or cms)?

Btw im half african american, half australian. And for the past 4 mths since summer (australian summer, i live in sydney), i have been having frequent aching knee pains (at least 3 times a week, esp before bed), night cramps and foot cramps...i havent had them since i was 14 and a half or so. are these symptons of a growth spurt?? and i have only grown half a cm or 1cm since i had these pains and cramps since summer.

WILL I GROW ANYMORE???? can u tell me from your personal experience of growing up and changing in puberty.

Thank you everyone!!:::holla at me:::!!!

I really appreciate ur help!!

PS: sorry for writing for so long. I love you all. PEACE!! By the way both my parents were late bloomers. My dad grew around 4.5 inches 3 mths after his 16th birthday and my mum grew around 6 inches after her 14th birthday, which is late for a female.

Favorite Answer

I'm so fond of pithy questions demanding near-psychic answers. You're 16 and male, so there's a good chance you still have some growth left in you since males fully develop their height by 19-21. But on the other hand, both of your parents are rather short, so unless you can pull out a tall grandparent, genetics is playing against you. I'm going to predict, keep in mind my crystal ball is out on loan right now, that you might have a couple of inches left before you cap out. Good luck, keep it up.

I am more than 6 feet tall buddy , but i wish i was a bit shorter its tough finding dates, in India your height is apt. Look at the bright side of it, dont have peer presuure spoil your life. You will grow till 23 and then it will stop , play basket ball, eat well , take lots of liquids with adequate sleep. - to increase height you need to sleep for 12 hours, DID U KNOW YOU GROW BY INCH EVERY NIGHT WHEN U SLEEP AND IT SHRINKS BACK BY THE END OF NIGHT. Do every activity in moderation. Try to appreciate and love your body whther u grow or remain at this height , It is u who matters to u , not others who view u.

most of the stuff u said is irrelevant... and you may hit 5'11 - 6 inches but it is really unknown all people grown differently

i dont think you are gonna grow anymore, its usually a year or so around puberty so i dont think you are gonna grow any more.