Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Should we amend the constitution to uphold biblical standards on marriage, what do you think?

Everbodys qouting scripture about not having fag weddings, but shouldn't we take the WHOLE bible in context?

If we do I think we ought to table our amendments like this, Proposal to amend the United States constitution to conform to Biblical principles regarding marriage.

Amendment XXV III

No state may sanction marriage between people of the same gender.

Amendment XXIX

No state may sanction marriage between a man and a woman who was married previously but has since devorced. (Matthew 5:32)

Amendment XXX

No state may sanction marriage involving a widow unless it is to her brother inlaw (see amendment 34) All women whos husbands have past away are to refrain from intamicy and pleasure for the rest of their lives (1 Timothy 5:5-15)

Amendment XXXL

No state may sanction marriage between people of different races.

(Deuteronomy 7:3, numbers 25: 6- 8, 36: 3-9, Kings 11:2, Ezea 9:2, Nehemiah 13: 25-27)

Amendment XXXII

No state may sanction marriage between a Christian and a non Christian.

(2 John 1: 9- 11, Corinthians 6: 14 -17)

Amendment XXXIII

No state may sanction marriage involving a man who has had sexual thoughts about a woman other than the one he intends to marry.

(Mathew 5:28)

Amendment XXXIV

No state may sanction marriage between a man whos brother has passed away and any woman other than his brothers widow. Each state must require the brother of a deceased man to marry his brothers widow. (Duteronomy 25: 5-10)

Amendment XXXV

No state may sanction marriage between a man and any woman unwilling to promise in her wedding vows to obey her husband and submit to his every whim.

(Ephesians 5:22-24, Corinthians 11:3, Colossionas 3:18, 1 Timothy 2: 11-12, Titus 2:3, Peter 3:1)

Amendment XXXVII

No state may sanction marriage in which the wedding ceremony is to occur during her menstrual cycle unless the prospective spouses agree to refrain from intimate relations until the womans period of uncleanness has terminated. (Leviticus 18:19, 20:18, Ezekiel 18: 5-6)

Amendment XXXVIII

No state may sanction marriage between a minister and anyone other than a virgin.

(Leviticus 21: 13-14)

Amendment XXXIX

No state may sanction marriage between a rapist and any woman other than his victim.

States must require that he marry his victim (Duteronomy 22:28-29) unless the victim failed to cry out, then he is relieved of his obligation (Duteronomy 22:23-24)

Amendment XXXX

No state may sanction marriage between a man and an aggressive or contentious woman (Proverbs 21:9, 21:19, 25:24, 27:15)

what do you think?

Update:

The censorship was for the word gay!

Update 2:

Tasia,

You think I have nothing better to do?

I put a lot of time and effort into this to try to show people how ridiculous they are being by highlighting their predudice and biggotry using the same bible scriptures they use themselves!

Update 3:

Joe N, I couldn't agree more

www.landoverbaptist.org

Gods favourite church, where the worthwile worship

* Unsaved Not welcome

Update 4:

Marlyin

I respect that, you see the difference is that you agree to dissagree yet respect our right to live - not as we choose (Common mis-concepition) but as we are, it's the other 80% were still trying to get through to!

19 Answers

Relevance
  • Joe N
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Why are you picking and choosing which parts you want to obey?

What about changing the constitution for these too?

Kill People Who Don't Listen to Priests

Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

Kill Witches

You should not let a sorceress live. (Exodus 22:17 NAB)

Kill Homosexuals

"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

Death for Hitting Dad

Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death. (Exodus 21:15 NAB)

Death for Adultery

If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death. (Leviticus 20:10 NLT)

Death for Fornication

A priest's daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death. (Leviticus 21:9 NAB)

Death to Followers of Other Religions

Whoever sacrifices to any god, except the Lord alone, shall be doomed. (Exodus 22:19 NAB)

Kill Nonbelievers

They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

Kill People for Working on the Sabbath

The LORD then gave these further instructions to Moses: 'Tell the people of Israel to keep my Sabbath day, for the Sabbath is a sign of the covenant between me and you forever. It helps you to remember that I am the LORD, who makes you holy. Yes, keep the Sabbath day, for it is holy. Anyone who desecrates it must die; anyone who works on that day will be cut off from the community. Work six days only, but the seventh day must be a day of total rest. I repeat: Because the LORD considers it a holy day, anyone who works on the Sabbath must be put to death.' (Exodus 31:12-15 NLT)

WOW!!

The Bible is such a sweet and love filled book!

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Stop fighting. Common sense has won.

Gay marriage is coming, and like so many other things in the US, it just takes a bit of time for people to start seeing things in a logical way.

Just be patient a little while longer, the world is becoming a friendlier place.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Marriage is a matter of civil law and not religion!! Whilst the churches can carry out the service it must be with the civil license and the person officiating must be authorized and licensed under civil law!!

Homeland Security is having to put more and more time and resources into tracking christians who seek to tear up the constitution, destroy democracy and foment a second civil war to install a christian dictatorship!!

A chilling warning has been issued to US police forces about the threat of a rise in violent right wing and christian extremist groups fueled by recession and hostility over the election of the first black president!!

Seems these people are not just a bigger threat to American freedoms than external terrorists but completely anti American!!!

I do hope your post has led them to you!!

• 1 decade ago

Wow. You put a lot of time and work into this!

No, because the Constitution (and the US) was founded on principles of individual liberty, particularly religious liberty. I personally have some moral reservations about gay marriage, but I don't believe their freedom and civil rights should be violated just because homosexuality is against my own sensibilities. Same goes for abortion.

But, again your question is pretty interesting.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

No. The Constitution's role is to prevent the government from setting up a state religion which is what had happened in Europe. The framers of the Constitution did not what a repeat of that disaster to be practiced in this land of individual freedom and opportunity.

• Thomas
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

More people have been killed in the name of religion than any other cause. We cannot base our laws on a book of stories written to support some of the most warped ideas man has ever come up with.

Source(s): Twelve years of Catholic education.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Well you didn't have to take up so many amendments. I think you could fit all of that, including Joe N's proposals, into one amendment. Actually, I think the fundies are working on that right now.

Source(s): Satanist
  • You have just shown why the founding fathers in their wisdom created a separation between church and state. By the time we would pass all these amendments, we would be living in a theocracy.

• 1 decade ago

Well, we shouldn't amend the constitution, that just me as a free American. But your point is well honed in. And who knows, if we did, I wonder if the anti-homesexual marriage people would probably get the idea.

• Farin
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Let's amend the Bible and drop the hate.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.