Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceRenting & Real Estate · 1 decade ago

First Time Home Buyer Help!!!!!!!!!!!!?

My husband and I are trying to decide if we should buy a house. (We'll be in one spot for about 31/2 more years) Our budget for house payment, bills, taxes, and anything else there is will be $1000 a month.

We qualify for about $150,000 for a home but are wanting to go cheaper. We don't have any idea about anything as far as buying and owning a house goes. So please give me as much info as possible about what extra things we would be paying for i.e. property taxes, home insurance, and anything else you know of. We live in southeast Georgia very close to Florida.

Favorite Answer

Talk to a mortgage broker. They should be able to provide an estimate of your monthly payments including insurance and taxes.

Also, consider a FHA loan which offers a little more protection to you.

Source(s): new first time homeowner