I just got a new camera, a Casio Exilim Ex-Z150. & Some kid broke it.?

I went to six Flags, and I went on Bizzaro with my friends. So, i told this guy from my grade to take a picture of us after. When I gave him the camera, he dropped it. now my camera says "Lens Error". I don't know what to do. I cant tell my dad because this is my 2nd camera. I got The camera from Costco, with my own money! So i don't know if they will repair it! I need help sooooo badly!!

Favorite Answer

obviously it is broken.

unfortunately its the type of damage that needs professional help from a qualified and authorized casio repair center.

assuming you still have the reciept and original packaging, your best bet is to beg Costco to swap it for another one. But they are not required to repair damage caused by misuse or abuse or other user error... including accidents.

good luck

Unfortunately this is a very painful and expensive lesson here. Never let anyone else use you camera, and if you must, the wrist strap must be used at all time. (It does not come attached to the camera--you must do so when you first use it out of the box).

Sadly Costco will not take it back if it's broken like that.

i have no longer considered what i decide on to call a "pocket toy" with any type of guide concentration in spite of the actuality that i think it can be finished. What does your guide practice? - or perchance the Casio help human beings can help. good success

Sure glad you had fun at Six Flags.

sometimes you have to learn hard lessons in life.

If you can't tell it was dropped, its possible they may allow you to exchange it.

Be careful though..lots of people drop their cell phones in water, LIE to the cell company and tell them it was just defective....and when the cell company does their investigation...BINGO...they can tell it was dropped in water.

Make sure there isn't any obvious signs of dropping, like major dings, cracks and so forth.

clean the lense with a clean cloth