ked asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

Tell me about America's first T.V. cooking program.?

please list where you got your info. thanks

• Nicky
    Favorite Answer

This is what I found. James Beard is credited with the first nationally televised show in the United States. He first appeared as a regular segment on NBC in 1946 and had his first cooking show during the 1950's. I found the reference to him in an article on NPR's site and found the James Beard foundation, which has a biographical history of his work. Both links are provided. Both Julia Childs and Graham Kerr's (Galloping gourmet) shows came after James Beard's.

• snik

My Mom used to watch Julia Child? when I was small. The first one I actually remember was The Galloping Gourmet (Graham Kerr) probably late 60's or early 70's. I live in Canada.

Yes, probably Julia Child in black & white on public broadcasting. back before there was cable TV. In the 70's, we got The Galloping Gourmet imported from England, Graham Kerr.

Source(s): my memory bank

Would that be Julia Child?