Dan M asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Why do politicians have such a low opinion of the masses?

They not only think we are stupid and a big cash-cow to fund their lavish lifestyles and multiple properties, they (particularly the labour government) seem to think we are all bigoted, violent criminals and want to spy on and track our every move. Or am I just paranoid?

21 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

If you ask someone to take out several bins instead of one and they comply,if you ask people to pay large percentage increases in everything they need whilst giving no increases in income and they comply,if you allow people to protest then hem them in like battery chickens and they comply then what can't you do ?

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Most politicians are on the make and see getting elected as stage one in getting onto the gravy train.

Even the toffs are at it. I've just seen an item on the TV News about Sir Nicholas and Lady Winterton, both MPs, who've fiddled us out of more than £80,000 - a criminal act for which I hope they are both punished and sent to prison.

Why have we allowed this sort of theft fo continue for so long?

It's thanks to a free press that we even know anything about it. I bet the papers had to blag their way in to get what they have thus far.

Same thing those two reporters getting invites to the Queen's cars at the Royal Mews Buck House.

"Everyone has got their price."

Al Capone.

• 1 decade ago

They think they are better then us. They can get away with doing the things that we would get jailed for doing. I think it would be great if the American people finally stood up to ALL the government politicians and said WE'RE NOT GONNA TAKE IT ANYMORE! Like the Twisted Sister song... But Americans are too weak to do anything more then protest and complain behind computer screens. And protesting doesn't do a damn thing. (Neither does complaining on the internet)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No you are wise, they spy on us with the Patriot Act. They don't realize that we know FAR MORE than they think. If America as a whole knew how the government has done them over the past 20-30 years, you would see another American Revolution.The government is a puppet for hire authority, it will be the same with any president.

Source(s): Independent American
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Have the masses proven to be anything else but useful idiots in the wars between politicians for control?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Politicians use a mixture of scare tactics based on obscene accusations and unreliable sources and Cheap gimmicks to get elected and it works....I'd feel anyone who fell for that was stupid too...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

After reading the questions and answers on here. This is why they should have a low opinion of the masses. If this is a cross section of the masses.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I don't care what they think because most people have a low opinion of our politicians. They'll lie, say, and do anything for money.

• 1 decade ago

That's easy...we keep voting these losers in so they know we are either stupid or gullible. Then they don't listen to our wishes, keep voting themselves raises and spending billions on pork and we RE-ELECT them. I believe that answers your question.

That goes for Democrats and Republicans.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Run for office, then. You'll be one politician who does care - that is if the caress of power doesn't seduce you first.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.