How do we achieve knowledge of a divine Being?

Philosophers say that nothing can be known absolutely except for the fact that one knows he thinks (i.e. I think, therefore, I am). We are at the mercy of our instruments of perception and their dependability. We register our outside surroundings with our eyes, ears, nose, taste, and sensation. Our brains are totally dependent on these and cannot know absolute reality through them, but only perceived reality. The two might possibly correspond, but they may not, and there's no natural way of ever knowing.

We do our best to discover the laws and facts of the universe using these senses we've been given. The things we perceive are not conclusive, but they are important hints and indicators of what our universe is like. It would take something beyond normal experience to make our knowledge complete.

Facts and evidences for God in history, science, and prophecy can provide us with good indicators that He is, but they can never makes us absolutely sure. Many people dismiss that a person can know God and know of God absolutely through direct knowledge (that bypasses the senses, but arrives in the heart via supernatural revelation), but I ask, could it really happen any other way. If there was a God, is it really so fantastic to suppose He could and would reveal Himself like this? If you protest, is it merely because He hasn't done so for you? Have you laid down your arms and made yourself accessible to Him?

Favorite Answer

How do we achieve knowledge of a divine being... and who is a divine being other than our soul... God Almighty himself! If our soul atman is a grain of sand... the whole mound being God Almighty! Our soul atman is God Almighty in minuscule form existing within our heart! It is our soul atman that has manifested the human body to work out its karma... remove the dross impurities within!

The knowledge of the divine can only be gained following the foremost of all sacred scriptures existing on Mother Earth... the Sacred Bhagavad Gita of Hinduism! Mahavira... the 24th Tirthankara of Jainism (preceptor), Gautama Buddha, Jesus Christ and prophet Mohammed... all gained their divine knowledge... the Sacred Wisdom from the teachings of Bhagavad Gita!

For gaining enlightenment (kaivalya jnana) and finally salvation (moksha)... assimilating the wisdom contained in 700 shlokas (verses) is necessitated. The contents of Bhagavad Gita... the teachings of Bhagavad Gita can never be understood literally... one needs reading in between the lines! It is Bhagavad Gita that tells us about path of spirituality following which one became divine!

Becoming divine simply means our soul atman regaining its original pure prime pristine primordial form... the 8.4 millionth manifestation... the last in the cosmic life cycle! For gaining the knowledge of the divine... one needs traveling the path of pure spirituality... which is totally distinct from the path of religion.

It is the path of spirituality... the wisdom of Bhagavad Gita that tells us our soul atman being the absolute master and controller of the body and not vice versa! It is not within the capability of the human body to manifest a soul atman. By gaining absolute control of the five senses and finally mind... human beings reached the stage of Nirvikalpa Samadhi... the stage of nothingness!

Furthermore one needs practicing absolute celibacy for a minimum period of 12 years in continuation for full awakening of the Kundalini. In absence of full awakening of the Kundalini life is like standing on the first floor of Empire State building and wanting to see whole of New York. One needs climbing to the top to view whole of New York which is never possible otherwise!

For reaching the 8.4 millionth manifestation... we need activating our Kundalini to the full. By preserving the monthly quota of energy provided by the grace of God to every man and woman month after month, year after year human beings finally perceived the divine... the real self of us... our soul atman... the spirit within!

At 11 years of age I wanted to meet and see God. By 13 years my desire turned into firm conviction... come whatever may in this life... I shall see and meet God! Not knowing anything about God, our soul atman... the spirit within, the spiritual path, the meaning of celibacy and Kundalini... I started my journey with full faith in God Almighty (termed Shraddha in Hinduism).

25 years of Yoga meditation... I finally realized God in 1993 at 37 years of age! I have reached the end of cosmic life... the 8.4 millionth manifestation... the last in the cosmic life cycle! Nowhere further to go I shall but attain salvation (moksha) the moment I leave my mortal frame. Realizing our true inner self... the spirit within becomes possible by following the path of absolute truthfulness... never otherwise!

By following path of absolute truthfulness I was able to hear the sweet small inner voice of my soul atman that seemed to come from within my heart. The voice of my soul atman always guided me on the right path. The knowledge of the divine is not that easily gained. In the last about 150 years only two persons gained enlightenment... sri Ramakrishna Paramhansa and Maharishi Ramana!

The Sacred Bhagavad Gita of Hinduism is available for mere $.40 (Rs 20/=) across most railway stations of India. It can also be procured directly from Gita press, Gorakhpur, India which has a website on Internet. The original gist of Bhagavad Gita with English transliteration and English meanings is the best choice! This is a subsidized publication by government of India. More on God- http://www.godrealized.com/god.html

• Lillie

wisdom is like when you know exactly how to apply your accumulated knowledge in a particular situation. anyone can accumulate knowledge, but not all have the wisdom to get enlightended from that knowledge. Plus, knowledge is about facts which is objective and remains the same withint all people, while wisdom varies, some people have more and some have less. Wisdom is like a scaled measure of your insight. Another thing is that while the two are different in a way that i just wrote, but actually a mere accumulation of knowledge can enhance the wisdom and insight but that again also depends on your previous stock of wisdom.