sugamama asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

How can you be sure that a breeder is U.K.C registered?

I was interested in purchasing a dog from a breeder and he made sure to tell me that he was UKC registered but instead of taking his word for it i was wondering if there was a way that i can find out for myself if he is actually was

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

UKC registers DOGS...NOT people!!!!!

NO kennel club registers humans.

Registered dogs have REGISTRATION PAPERWORK.

UKC is a puppymillers' registry nowadays,dear.They used to be a poor second to AKC & then turned whore to the CRAP-MAKERS.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

UKC is not a puppy mill registry. Some dogs like pit bulls and american bull dogs and many other bully breeds are not even recognized by the AKC. UKC is a good registry for these breeds that are not AKC. Many reputable breeders of bully breeds use this registry. At the time of purchase make sure that you get the UKC paper work along with your new puppy. If they make up some type of excess on why they don't have the paper work at this time walk out! This is a big red flag! You can also ask to the see the papers and pedigree of the parents. Make sure you get the paper information at time of purchase. Good luck!

Source(s): Owner of bully breeds
  • 1 decade ago

The United Kennel Club is a reputable kennel club and the 2nd oldest in the U.S, with AKC being the oldest. The UKC is NOT a puppymillers registry.

The United Kennel Club does not register people, they only register dogs. When you went to meet the dam, he should have showed you her pedigree and the sire's pedigree.

edit: Bobbi, you need to get your information correct. The United Kennel Club does not "register" mutts, however, they will give you an ILP # on a spay/neutered mixbreed so it can show in performance events: obedience, agility, rally, weight-pull, dock-diving. They are not listed as a breed, but as "AMBOR" which stands for American Mix Breed Obedience Registry.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Any reputable breeder will show you the paperwork to back up their claims. So just ask to see it.

ETA: The UKC does NOT register mutts. What they DO allow when it comes to mixed breeds and what the AKC is now doing is allowing mixed breeds to compete in dog events that are NOT conformation and the dogs must be fixed. ILP is not TRUE registration.

Bobbie take yourself and your alter ego elsewhere.

http://www.ukcdogs.com/WebSite.nsf/WebPages/LrnBre... This is the list of EVERY breed the UKC accepts. What MUTTS do you see on this list?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Only thing I know is in the U.S. AKC registers puppies and also registers breeders. From AKC yu can go to their web site if you have the dog's number or the breeders name. I don't know about UKC

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Those papers aren't worth the paper they are written on. Go to UKCDOGS.com. There you will see that they even register mutts. If you want a dog like that, please go to your local animal shelter and adopt a homeless dog.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.