Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareOther - General Health Care · 1 decade ago

cold sores..help please?

lately i have been suffering from cold sores..tried all the over the counter stuff..its rubbish..anyone know any natural remedies...thanks..x

beat it you..lol

thomas do you think its the alcohol..lol

• Best Answer

Being stressed affects the immune system as well as hormone upheavals for women, and feeling under the weather aggravates them, as well as the usual, getting over a cold virus.

Eating a good diet rich in the onion / garlic family can help as they contain natural anti-viral qualities so stock up on leek and potato soup, add garlic to your fry ups etc. and making sure you get enough sleep. Natural vitamins to help are zinc, vitamin a , vitamin c and vitamin e all good for healthy skin function, as well as dabbing them with a witch hazel cold compress when they appear, can all help.

Hope you feel better soon.

1

Source(s): Cold Sore Natural Remedy - http://ColdSore.ohfos.com/?bYX

2

Source(s): Top Herpes Cure Program : http://HerpesCured.trustdd.com/?smPR

I too have suffered from cold sores for years. What I find works best is an over the counter cream called "Abreva" its pricey, but it really does work. Comes in a blue tube, you can find it in the lip balm section of any major pharmacy. A more natural solution is to use "lemon balm" ("melissa" is another name) essential oil. You will have to order on line - there are many great companies, just do a quick search for essential oils. Finally for prevention I find that taking two vitamin supplements - B complex and calcium/magnesium/zinc work very well. Stay out of the extreme heat and cold too, those are big triggers for me.

Good luck to you!

• Jessie

Cure Cold Sores

or Herpes Simplex Type I Naturally?

• ECK

cortosone cream is best.......eczema sufferer is my credentials.natural remedies mostly don't work for skin conditions. As cold sores are mostly caused by dehydration from saliva,water and other liquids taking moisture from your skin,a moisturiser like diprobase or even some hand lotion will put the moisture back in and should get the cornflake off your face soon.

OK I KNOW THAT FOR A FACT AND BY EXPERIENCE IF YOU GO TO THE VITAMIN SECTION AT THE STORE THERE IS AN ENZYME CALLED LYSINE THAT IS 1 OF THE KEY INGREADIENTS IN ABREAVA AND YOU CAN TAKE IT IN PILL FORM. FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS IT WORKS! IT TAKES A COUPLE DAYS BUT THEN IT'S LIKE WOW! ALSO OTHER THAN ABREAVA THERE IS A TOPICAL OINTMENT FROM AVON THAT WORKS PRETTY GOOD TOO. THE 2 TOGETHER SHOULD KICK IT'S A$$!

i have a cold sore at the side of my mouth. i use blixteez or blistex. i think its called blixtex. yeah. it comes in a tiny tube and doesnt cost much. it helps so much its unbeleiveable!

Try kissing the blarney stone it may help...lol

Better still stop smooching with Chas... hehehe

at night before you sleep put a bit of toothpaste over it

or if not toothpaste a little bit of aftershave

works a treat for me it does :))!