- yee =]Lv 51 decade agoFavorite Answer
1 ) There are several positive impact brought by the tectonic
hazards , eg . minerals and metals , fertile soils and etc .
2 ) There are some common perception regarding to the risk of
- it is improbable for a hazard to strike the same place twice
- some think that the attack of a hazard is an ' act od God '
- some are ignorant about hazards and their history
- no choice for the people to move
3 ) Ties to one's motherland and ancestors prevent people from
moving away .
4 ) People are not willing to give up their present way of life .
5 ) Industrial and business centres are found in earthquake - prone
areas . Job and business opportunities are provided . When they
move , they fear that they will not find another job .
6 ) It is expensive to move .
7 ) There is no place that is absent from hazards . There are many
areas with harsh environment and they are not suitable to be
8 ) There are strict population policies . Migration is not free among
or within counties .Source(s): GEOG WS
- 1 decade ago