Would a TPS holder qualified for Dream Act?

I have the question, if a person currently under TPS (Temporary Protective Status) would qualfied for Dream Act in case this Bill Passes.

I came to the United States in 1998, I have had TPS since then. I came at age 7, and I'm now 18. I graduated from High School, No problems at all with Law.

So I do qualify with all the other requirements, but since I'm legal, I dont know if this would affect me, for this possible law.

The reason I ask is because I want to join the military, and my only hope is Dream Act...TPS Is worthless.

Thanks

DREAM ACT -

Is a Bill, that awates in the Senate and the house still.

It would legalize young people who where brought to the United States, illegally with parent consent

Who came to the U.S.A before age 16, who has lived here atleast 5 years, graduates from high school, no problem with law

+ in order to complete the requirements..They need to either join the military, or go to college.

This are teens that didnt had no option, when brought here illigaly, since was their parents decisions

cadillac...

spend your money? What are you talking about. Dream act Students, would not be eligible to "free money" for college..Just loans, and stuff like that

Get out of your ignorance.....And i'm not Illegal, you ignorant nor my parents..

They pay taxes like any other American, to feed people in jails, free money for college, military, and to feed people like you when don't have a job.

Please no more racist comments

Yea I can work, and I do have a SSN....

I've heard though that certain people under protective laws do qualify..

But havent found anything official

Drixnot

Guess what? Numbers say that this Act will pass.

Second, If I have a Visa, for the next 4 years...Why will I go back?

So Sorry...Wont please you

Democrats? Not just them, Republicans...To add to the note, yesterday an republican was interview and said that this ACT has the enough support to pass this law..

Is just a matter, to put it on the table.

So I'm not worry if it will pass or now..CAUSE IT WILL!

And I'm not looking for no ONE to feel sorry for me..

I'm not going to go back to Honduras...First, I have 4 years left.

Second, I have an American fiance - (this guaranteeds me, green card) obviously I'm in love with her not with the green card.

But If I could find a path quicker, it will help me a lot.

Don't worry, I'm actually in College..So don't think I'm wasting my time

And just want people to feel sorry for me..

Funny thing is that Obama won the presidency, with a PRO-Inmigration Reform campaign

And he is a democrat

So did Hillary...And also MC CAIN

The only one who is an anti-inmigrant, piece of trash

Didn't made it

Favorite Answer

Meh. Just sign up for stuff. The military will take care of the paperwork.

It probably would but the bill is not going to pass. Don't pin your hopes for a future on something with the odds of winning the lottery. All that will happen if you do that is leave you sitting around waiting and waiting while your life passes by.

Either find a way to become a citizen without the dream act or use your time to prepare yourself for going back to your country of birth.

Add - What numbers? The number of democrats in congress? So what, they just turned down 2 bills that were claimed to be slam dunks... no gun control laws and Gitmo stays open. Don't fool yourself into thinking the Democrats will risk getting voted out of office to please a small group that would not be able to vote for them until 3-4 years later if they bothered to vote at all.

But if you want to waste your life dreaming go right ahead but don't expect anyone to feel sorry for you. Especially since you are authorized to work and go to school, giving you plenty of time to get a degree that would give you a path to citizenship.

The dream act and the amnesty bill have both been defeated before. They will be defeated again. You are legal so you can enlist in the military. Your fiance does not necessarily guarantee you a green card. You have quite a few things wrong in this post. Seems alot of this is just what you want to believe. But you want the fast track and the easy way. Good Luck

• Jan

No,you are here legally,it would not apply to you.

Having an American fiancee does not guarantee a green card.

The DREAM act,better known as the nightmare act to American citizens,will not pass.

Since you are under TPS, I don't believe you qualify since TPS does not lead to permanent residency status and you're not "undocumented" since you're legal. Since you're legal, it's not very clear to me what you need. Can you work? Do you have a SSN? Please clarify.

i wish my daughter who was born here as I was could go to college for free but alas I make to much money and 50,000 isn't enough to pay bills and college you go with all your illegal parent stuff and spend my money.

what are you talking about?!

i read your edited page..ur still an idiot.